Where Can I find Daggerfall?

How long have Daggerfall (and other pre-morrowind ES games) been released?
Is it available as abandonware yet? If so is there any site I can get it
from?

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 18:27:14 GMT, "AseStar" <a s e s t a r @ s t a r t
.. n o> wrote:

>How long have Daggerfall (and other pre-morrowind ES games) been released?
>Is it available as abandonware yet? If so is there any site I can get it
>from?

Arena has been around since the early 90s at least. It is now
available for free download from Bethesda. I remember buying
Daggerfall in the Autumn of 1997. Well, very close to Christmas, as I
was shopping for a present for my brother and bought Daggerfall for
myself at the same time.

Nyctolops

In article <6cHzc.17$89.6298@juliett.dax.net>, AseStar wrote:
> How long have Daggerfall (and other pre-morrowind ES games) been released?
> Is it available as abandonware yet? If so is there any site I can get it
> from?

I don't know about Daggerfall, but Arena has been officially released by
Bethesda. They also recomend, and link to, a program to emulate dos and
slow the game down so you don't tap the forward key and end up halfway
across the province.

www.elderscrolls.com

I recieved Daggerfall as a gift , it was at that time, my FIRST pc game!
However, I didn't figure it out at that time, and had to exchange it for
"Microsoft Hellbender".
Now that was in dec1996.

However, Now I'm a much devoted RPG player and would love to play that
classic again. Guess have to wait for another year or 2..

(too bad there are no pirated versions of old games, that can not be bought
in stores anymore :(

"AseStar" <a s e s t a r @ s t a r t . n o> wrote in message
> How long have Daggerfall (and other pre-morrowind ES games) been released?
> Is it available as abandonware yet? If so is there any site I can get it
> from?

I still have a copy of Daggerfall...but I don't know where the box or book
is. Best offers?
:)

Tania

> I recieved Daggerfall as a gift , it was at that time, my FIRST pc game!
> However, I didn't figure it out at that time, and had to exchange it for
> "Microsoft Hellbender".
> Now that was in dec1996.
>
> However, Now I'm a much devoted RPG player and would love to play that
> classic again. Guess have to wait for another year or 2..
>
> (too bad there are no pirated versions of old games, that can not be
bought
> in stores anymore :(
>

> "AseStar" <a s e s t a r @ s t a r t . n o> wrote in message
> > How long have Daggerfall (and other pre-morrowind ES games) been
released?
> > Is it available as abandonware yet? If so is there any site I can get it
> > from?

Hmm... How about a full iso of the cd ? For the good of general RPG loving
public??
:)

You can have my "earnest thought and effort as an acceptable gift" :D

"Metis Artist" <Talisa(remove)@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> I still have a copy of Daggerfall...but I don't know where the box or book
> is. Best offers?
> :)
>
> Tania
>

> "AseStar" <a s e s t a r @ s t a r t . n o> wrote in message
> > I recieved Daggerfall as a gift , it was at that time, my FIRST pc game!
> > However, I didn't figure it out at that time, and had to exchange it for
> > "Microsoft Hellbender".
> > Now that was in dec1996.
> >
> > However, Now I'm a much devoted RPG player and would love to play that
> > classic again. Guess have to wait for another year or 2..
> >
> > (too bad there are no pirated versions of old games, that can not be
> bought
> > in stores anymore :(
> >

> > "AseStar" <a s e s t a r @ s t a r t . n o> wrote in message
> > > How long have Daggerfall (and other pre-morrowind ES games) been
> released?
> > > Is it available as abandonware yet? If so is there any site I can get
it
> > > from?

Careful? Why? This game is not on sale for atleast 3 years, and hence, it is
now abondonware. So the company does not draw any profit from it's sale
(that might get harmed by sharing iso-images and so on).

Many games that are newer than DaggerFall are available on the net, and not
on pirate or porn sites either! These are legal games sites, devoted to
revivr older software.

In article <UFjBc.314$89.160638@juliett.dax.net>, AseStar wrote:
> Careful? Why? This game is not on sale for atleast 3 years, and hence, it is
> now abondonware. So the company does not draw any profit from it's sale
> (that might get harmed by sharing iso-images and so on).
>
> Many games that are newer than DaggerFall are available on the net, and not
> on pirate or porn sites either! These are legal games sites, devoted to
> revivr older software.

Actually, it's still illegal. There is no legal distinction about
availibility. In the case of abandonware, the law is simply not enforced,
since the companies tend to turn a blind eye towards it. It would cost more
in lawyer time to send a ceace and desist letter than they would gain.

> "DoomMunky" <MunkyNorth@literotica.org> wrote in message
>>
>> > Hmm... How about a full iso of the cd ?
>>

>> Careful...

I got a copy on e-bay last summer. Haven't looked lately..
Eric