Deploy Symantec AntiVirus 9.x through GPO

Elvis

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2004

Hi,
I am having great difficulty in try to achieve this task. I have been able
to assign the default symantec client msi through gpo but I need to know how
to edit this msi to contain pre configured values so that the install
requires no interaction.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanking You
Elvis

"elvis" wrote:
> Hi,
> I am having great difficulty in try to achieve this task. I
> have been able
> to assign the default symantec client msi through gpo but I
> need to know how
> to edit this msi to contain pre configured values so that the
> install
> requires no interaction.
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> Thanking You
> Elvis

Hi,

You will have to explore Symantec’s website to see if this is
possible. An MST file is what is needed as it contains all the
pre-configured values. However, MST creators are individual by
product. So far I have only found one for Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.x and
Microsoft Office Products.

I went to their website and came across this article. May help.
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/ent-security.nsf/c9b1ac1936fbf63488256e77006521df/bf201a8cfd58dc8d88256e68006de5a1?OpenDocument&src=bar_sch_nam

Cheers,

Lara

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Active-Directory-Deploy-Symantec-AntiVirus-GPO-ftopict273791.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=865811

Be prepared.. there are significant issues with some SAV9 deployments,
especially when they're upgrades ov older clients.

If you're just installing, then you shouldn't have an issue.

Diane