Deploy Symantec AntiVirus 9.x through GPO

Hi,
I am having great difficulty in try to achieve this task. I have been able
to assign the default symantec client msi through gpo but I need to know how
to edit this msi to contain pre configured values so that the install
requires no interaction.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanking You
Elvis
2 answers Last reply
More about deploy symantec antivirus

    "elvis" wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I am having great difficulty in try to achieve this task. I
    > have been able
    > to assign the default symantec client msi through gpo but I
    > need to know how
    > to edit this msi to contain pre configured values so that the
    > install
    > requires no interaction.
    > Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    > Thanking You
    > Elvis

    Hi,

    You will have to explore Symantec’s website to see if this is
    possible. An MST file is what is needed as it contains all the
    pre-configured values. However, MST creators are individual by
    product. So far I have only found one for Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.x and
    Microsoft Office Products.

    I went to their website and came across this article. May help.
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/ent-security.nsf/c9b1ac1936fbf63488256e77006521df/bf201a8cfd58dc8d88256e68006de5a1?OpenDocument&src=bar_sch_nam

    Cheers,

    Lara

    Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Active-Directory-Deploy-Symantec-AntiVirus-GPO-ftopict273791.html
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=865811

    Be prepared.. there are significant issues with some SAV9 deployments,
    especially when they're upgrades ov older clients.

    If you're just installing, then you shouldn't have an issue.

    Diane

    "Elvis" <Elvis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I am having great difficulty in try to achieve this task. I have been able
    > to assign the default symantec client msi through gpo but I need to know
    > how
    > to edit this msi to contain pre configured values so that the install
    > requires no interaction.
    > Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    > Thanking You
    > Elvis

Symantec Antivirus Active Directory Windows MSI-Microstar