Whens Radeon gonna release ne new cards

pauldh

Illustrious
You know, I am majorly dissappointed in him. Absolutely nothing that could be said justifies that lame yet extremely well executed headbutt. 8O Talk about going out in (lack of) style. :roll:

mechluke

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2006
Guys i'm really disappointed by Zidane.What a way to end your career huh?But i wonder what on earth did the italian say to him that made him react this way?

pauldh

Illustrious
Sheesh, Why do you guys keep going OT and bring up graphics cards in this thread? :tongue:

A Billion people watched the game, and a few of them happen to possibly only visit the GPU forums these days(not to mention the others forums are too foul for my tastes). Anyway, I was thrilled to see a current important event in this tiring "which is better" forum. There are plenty of other heavily moderated GPU forums out there, I for one am thrilled Tom's allows some fun.

pauldh

Illustrious
:lol: That is hilarious. Yeah, I was explaining the dives to my young son after he said, what happened, how did that hurt him. It's an art all right, a pathetic art. Not that Hockey players don't throw theri arms up to get calls too, but the sheer anguish that immediately hits the faces of these world class soccer players, makes you think they are wusy's. (no offense intended down under).

pauldh

Illustrious
Hey chump, could ya edit/delete your post before someone quotes ya. We don't need that talk here.
Sticking to the topic :twisted: , If anything the French outplayed Italy IMO, and although I was routing for Italy, I've watched the French play some awesome games.

Synergy6

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2005
Ahem, yes, I'm sure we'll get exciting football after players have been out for 3+ hours.

As for the topic. Zidane... how far can I OC him? Do Intel do an Extreme version? Can I box him up, take him home and volt mod him?

Not that Hockey players don't throw theri arms up to get calls too, but the sheer anguish that immediately hits the faces of these world class soccer players, makes you think they are wusy's. (no offense intended down under).

Yeah, but those are mainly Europeans, having learned it from Soccer obviously. :twisted:

Tell me this kind of dedication and gamesmanship would happen in Soccer;
http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/news/sports/story.html?id=e0d2c171-58fe-47b4-819c-802369cae612&k=44356

Smyth get 3 teeth knocked out by a puck to the face, along with facial fracture, and he get stitched up and back out there to assist the game winning goal. Beckham get a little sprain and he's gone along with the hope of England, since n one else seems to be able to score a penalty kick, heck Canadian hargraves scored on what was almost a blocked kick.

I like to watch the WorldCup of Soccer, for the 'battle of the world' aspect. which is why I also watch WorldCup Rugby and Cricket (and have played all three at a rep level for school).
But let's not kid ourselves into thinking the game is anywhere near the level of respect it had in the Pelé era.
Diving and 0-0 shootouts are killing the game IMO.

Thankfully the final wasn't a 0-0 shootout.
The game was good with good-bad parts to it like anything else. Still hate that the very final is decided on kicks though.

HotSauce

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2005
Well I don't pay much attention to Zidane, but I play football and I hit and get hit and Zidane looked like he barely hit the guy. TO my standards the Italian was a whimp and the Frenchies looked tougher throughout the game, but I was going for Italy because France kicked out my beloved south american team

Vinny

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2004
Um it's the World Cup dude, ease up. Gotta have some fun. If it bugs ya, go read one of the ten 7900GT vs. X1800XT threads. :wink:

Heh... I just realized that there aren't any general discussion (off-topic) forums here.:lol:

Oh well, carry on then. I don't like either team, but Italy makes awesome cars so yay for them.8)

DaBigHurt

Distinguished
May 21, 2006
I live 15 min. away from Little Italy in Southern Manhattan in NYC, And this town is going nuts. The Local Police had to come and shut down the Big Screen Showing because people were hanging from Apartment building windows hoping to catch the game, which makes me wonder: If they can afford an apartment in SoHo NYC, wouldnt they be able to have cable? Anyway, too bad Zidane did what he did, I think That was the difference in the game. Lets not forget he missed that second Goal by inches.
Its said that South Africa 2010 will be the best World Cup in History. Lets see what happens.. :D

TRENDING THREADS