Is it worth it to....

rippaman77

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2006
Ebay off my mystique 7.1 for creative audigy 2 zs since I have my analog logitech x530 5.1 speakers. I know that alot of the decision is based on my personal experience and opinion but I would like your honest opinions to better support my overall choice.

choirbass

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2005
i would say that might be a good decision, because if youre not using an external dd/dts decoder with any computer, and are mainly going for gaming over an analog speaker set up... then an audigy 2 zs would be a decent card to go for, plus selling the x-mystique could bring in some additional money anyhow, instead of it just sitting unused (the dd/dts encoding being its primary benefit)... or just ebaying it off to get the audigy 2 (like you said)... and im not sure, but i *think* all audigy 2's and 4's use very similar components, if not practically identical, (or even identical) aside from the naming, and other bonuses included with the card... so you could even get the cheapest audigy 2, and it might be just as good as a more expensive audigy 2 (someone should correct me though on that if im incorrect on something)... ...im sure there are better alternative consumer sound card solutions, but the audigy 2 is a good sound card nonetheless... x-fi comes to mind actually, depending on the price i would think too.