Sign in with
Your question

Question about Lian-Li PC-60B (newb alert!)

Last response: in Components
July 9, 2006 10:10:38 PM

How do I slide out the motherboard tray? (it does have a slidable mobo tray, unless newegg has wrong info)

I messed around with that thing forever and can't for the life of me get it to slide out. I still got everything installed just fine without being able to slide it out, but it would be nice for future upgrades if I knew how.

Thanks in advance, and go easy on me, this is my first Lian-Li :) 

Lian Li PC-60BPLUSII W

More about : question lian 60b newb alert

July 9, 2006 10:40:04 PM

I have the PC-60B plus, and you unscrew the thumbscrews on the back panel, and the panel and mobo tray will slide out the back...
July 9, 2006 11:01:42 PM

Aha the panel slides out with it! That's what had me confused, I thought just the tray slid out somehow.

Thanks!
Related resources
July 9, 2006 11:06:39 PM

btw, it is an excellent case... roomy and well built to last years... looks good to without being flashy... 8)
July 9, 2006 11:17:24 PM

What do you think of the case, i looked at newegg and saw one review, it looks like the cpu duct would be a good idea in a case, i have a side mounted one in my current case and it seems to help
a b V Motherboard
July 9, 2006 11:23:16 PM

Quote:
How do I slide out the motherboard tray? (it does have a slidable mobo tray, unless newegg has wrong info)

I messed around with that thing forever and can't for the life of me get it to slide out. I still got everything installed just fine without being able to slide it out, but it would be nice for future upgrades if I knew how.

Thanks in advance, and go easy on me, this is my first Lian-Li :) 

Lian Li PC-60BPLUSII W

Try installing your DVD(s) in one of the two lower 5.25 bays. The upper two are hard to reach and work inside the case up there.
July 9, 2006 11:24:06 PM

I bought the case for LianLi's reputation and reviews stating cooling was second to none... tho some stated it a bit loud due to fans...
IMO it is not loud, but I dampended the fans with rubber washers, and used the BigWater 745 for cooling reducing noise further, with the water pump and reservoir internal mounted on the (five) HD removable cage... and I run case fans on slow, even added a 120mm fan which floats in case next to the 120mm blower fan to assist in interior flow circulation... and overall, my PC is rather quiet considering the components and overclocks I run...
July 9, 2006 11:56:09 PM

Its a nice case but for a bit more you could have a PC V 1000......
July 10, 2006 2:07:59 AM

I've had 4 computers before this one (all were ordered from places like gateway or cyberpower), and I have to say I didn't know what I was missing.

Looking back on those computers now and the nightmares of trying to work inside those cases just makes me shudder. This Lian-Li is by far the best case I've ever owned or seen. I don't go for the flashy cases, I prefer intelligent design and ease of use over anything else and this has plenty of both. The added benefit of excellent cooling (the CPU duct and the big 120mm fan mounted over the pci slots) is just icing on the cake for me. And now that I know how to slide out the mobo tray it just went up another notch for me hehe.

Quote:
Try installing your DVD(s) in one of the two lower 5.25 bays. The upper two are hard to reach and work inside the case up there.

God how I wish I had followed that advice earlier! This was my only gripe about the case, and it was more my fault than the cases'. To make matters worse I ended up putting the shortest drive in the very top bay which made it damn near impossible get to the connctors. Thankfully moving the drives is as easy to do as anything else in this case.

Since this is my first Lian-Li I can't comment on how good the others are, but if anyone is thinking about buying one I HIGHLY recommend the 60B. I bought the one with the side panel window already instealled so I didn't have to purchase it extra, and for some reason it was cheaper on newegg than the regular 60B without the side panel window :?

This my be my first complete custom build, but I've been tinkering inside my computers for the good part of 15 years now, and I can guarantee if all Lian-Li's are this good then I'll never own anything else. I dare say this may be my first instance of fanboi'ism, but I don't care, this thing is just awesome :) 
July 10, 2006 4:07:07 PM

man, all the people going crazy over lian li's, i gotta get me one so i know what this craze is about.
July 11, 2006 3:37:37 AM

its just a pleasure to work with...... its built nicely and sturdy.... you do get what you pay for.....

just get a lian li and try penguin.....
July 11, 2006 4:07:06 AM

Quote:
Its a nice case but for a bit more you could have a PC V 1000......

Quite a bit more, actually. I like the exterior look but not the interior arrangement.
July 11, 2006 4:21:08 AM

Quote:
Since this is my first Lian-Li I can't comment on how good the others are, but if anyone is thinking about buying one I HIGHLY recommend the 60B.

Agreed. Very nice case. I've looked at five different Lian Li's and the 60B Plus is the one I like best. I bought it for an upcoming Conroe rig, but that build is stil a ways off, so I might move my P4 parts into it just to see how it works...
July 11, 2006 2:00:39 PM

Same case that I bought a few months back...
Excellent...
July 11, 2006 2:25:05 PM

I have the PC-60 plus II in black - never buying a non-Lian Li ever again. Best cases available.
!