Event ID: 1000
Date: 3/5/2005
Time: 7:08:02 PM
User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer: GFS
Windows cannot determine the user or computer name. Return value (1908).

Any help will be appreciated.
2 answers Last reply
More about userenv event 1000

    This is almost always a DNS error. Can you give us more info?

    Make sure DNS is right and check it using nslookup to contact the domain by
    name. If you can see the PDC emulator or GC you can get things like this.

    --
    Ryan Hanisco
    MCSE, MCDBA

    In article <e7gt#GGJFHA.656@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl>,
    rhanisco@flagshipis.com says...
    > This is almost always a DNS error. Can you give us more info?
    >
    > Make sure DNS is right and check it using nslookup to contact the domain by
    > name. If you can see the PDC emulator or GC you can get things like this.

    I was getting this error - for us related to too many groups so AD
    basically ran out of space and caused some authentication problems.

    a regedit fixed this:-

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\Kerberos
    \Parameters]
    "MaxTokenSize"=dword:00010000

    basically increasing the maxtokensize from the default 12000 in sp4 to
    whatever we needed

Computers Event Id Active Directory Windows