i'm having trouble picking a new motherboard

ipam45

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2006
hi everyone
I'm planning to build my first computer this summer and having some problems picking out my motherboard. i wanted to use the p5n32 sli but let's just say that those review are more effiecent than communist propagandas at changing your ideas. now i have looked at intel's D975xbx, but again i read some review saying that board was dissapointing.

i want to use this computer for well...gaming of course, i do alot of CAD also, i just really want a computer that can run any game or program for the next...decade or so....no more like a couple of years. i'm planning on runnis a intel pentium D 930 3.0. i know how great amd is but i'm just a intel fan (not enought in budget to get a amd that i like) anyways please give me some good recommendations.

thx a bunches

A pentium D 930 based system is not going to be able to run games for the next decade..... in fact, that can't be said about any computer.

If you want an Intel system for gaming, wait a month and get a Conroe based set up.

If you actually decide to wait, here's my suggestions:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 (Estimated Retail price: $400)

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3

RAM: OCZ Gold 1GB (2 x 512MB) DDR2-800

Video: eVGA Geforce 7600GT

Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 320GB SATA2

Estimated total before taxes and shipping: $923.96

If you don't end up waiting get the GA-965P-DS3 anyway.... you'll have Conroe compatibility that way, and won't have to spend more money on a new board later.

ipam45

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2006
thanks for the reply

i have looked at your suggestion and i think i'm gonna wait until some more conroe board come out. money is my main problem, i got a budget of about 1000 dollars so it's gonna be hard to start with a conroe or even the Pentium EE you recommended.

tahnk a lot