Adding Printers via Logon Script

Hello,

I have recently setup a print server in Win2k AD, and I am currently in the
process of adding printers to groups via a logon script. I am successfull in
adding the printers, however I can not seem to find out how to set one of the
printers as a default printer. In addition, is it possible to add a script
to be run so the printers would be added to worstations rather than users?

Thanks in advance!
Vince
1 answer Last reply
More about adding printers logon script

    Hi Vince,

    You should look at the Con2prt.exe that is used for this exact thing. This
    was a utility from that NT4 resource kit that still works perfectly -- this
    is often used in TS or Citrix implementations. You can download the utility
    from the Microsoft website.

    It is really easy to use and can set printers as well as the default
    printer. Put this in a script pushed through a GPO filtered by Computer
    group to achieve the effect you are looking for.

    Let me know if you've got questions.
    --
    Ryan Hanisco
    MCSE, MCDBA

    "Springside" <Springside@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have recently setup a print server in Win2k AD, and I am currently in
    > the
    > process of adding printers to groups via a logon script. I am successfull
    > in
    > adding the printers, however I can not seem to find out how to set one of
    > the
    > printers as a default printer. In addition, is it possible to add a
    > script
    > to be run so the printers would be added to worstations rather than users?
    >
    > Thanks in advance!
    > Vince

Printers Microsoft Active Directory Windows