Sign in with
Your question

February 2009 Computer predictions

Last response: in CPUs
July 10, 2006 12:25:56 AM

What kind of level will computers be at in February 2009? 6Ghz with quad core and up to 8 GB of RAM?
July 10, 2006 12:27:14 AM

How many stupid threads do want to start? You're almost as bad as piddy.
July 10, 2006 12:35:55 AM

Quote:
What kind of level will computers be at in February 2009? 6Ghz with quad core and up to 8 GB of RAM?

Whatever they are, you still won't be able to type something sensible.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
July 10, 2006 12:48:55 AM

Genius and love are persecuted in the world, are they not? I am not surprised at all that I, someone who by the end of college will have amassed 4 degrees and maybe 13 total years of college, am continually bombarded by pathetic and Godless persons. What did I do? Ask for your suppositions? DId I offend you? Sounds like some people did not grow up in a wholesome household. Plato's ship anaglogy still holds true today. I, the person who will probably accomplish what only maybe 1/100 of 1% have ever been able to accomplish, am the one being drugged and murdered? Well, that is something I could talk to Plato about.

Please stop with your rude posts. Next time you post something wretched again...well, moderates...reports...your moms spanking your high school butts.
July 10, 2006 12:52:07 AM

By then Intel's 8 core Yorkfield processor should be available and multithreading will have seriously evolved by then.
July 10, 2006 12:57:53 AM

Quote:
Genius and love are persecuted in the world, are they not?

You don't qualify for either, so I can't say

Quote:
I am not surprised at all that I, someone who by the end of college will have amassed 4 degrees and maybe 13 total years of college, am continually bombarded by pathetic and Godless persons.

When do you start college then - 2010?

Quote:
What did I do?

Made a fool of yourself.

Quote:
DId I offend you?

Yes, especially with this reply following up the initial inane post.

Quote:
Sounds like some people did not grow up in a wholesome household.

And thus the discrimination starts

Quote:
Plato's ship anaglogy still holds true today. I, the person who will probably accomplish what only maybe 1/100 of 1% have ever been able to accomplish, am the one being drugged and murdered? Well, that is something I could talk to Plato about.

Not being rude mate, but why are you here instead of talking to Plato. Was he not interested either?

Quote:
Please stop with your rude posts. Next time you post something wretched again...well, moderates...reports...your moms spanking your high school butts.

Take the plank out of your own eye first.

Ps - if you know how I can turn my 33 year old butt into a the same physique as a high-school one, please PM me. I'll pay cash.
July 10, 2006 1:00:22 AM

After a new threat arises from china, computer related or not, I will be playing my brick Gameboy, how about you?
July 10, 2006 1:09:04 AM

Quote:
I, someone who by the end of college will have amassed 4 degrees and maybe 13 total years of college

I find this hard to believe.

Quote:
am continually bombarded by pathetic and Godless persons.

Shove it god boy.
July 10, 2006 1:55:08 AM

Quote:
Genius and love are persecuted in the world, are they not? I am not surprised at all that I, someone who by the end of college will have amassed 4 degrees and maybe 13 total years of college, am continually bombarded by pathetic and Godless persons. What did I do? Ask for your suppositions? DId I offend you? Sounds like some people did not grow up in a wholesome household. Plato's ship anaglogy still holds true today. I, the person who will probably accomplish what only maybe 1/100 of 1% have ever been able to accomplish, am the one being drugged and murdered? Well, that is something I could talk to Plato about.

You spelled godless wrong. Only the Christian god is called God with a capital G...no other religion does that. So next time try not to be so offensive to people. Other wise it is moderaters...reports...and I really don't feel like commenting on your mom...so I'll leave it at that.

I'm only really saying this because you made a big deal out of your 4 degrees and total of 13 years of college.
July 10, 2006 2:16:34 AM

I also accomplished what only maybe 1/100 of 1% of the world population have ever been able to accomplish, I flashed my BIOS! and it took me less than 13 years. A lot less!

LOL
July 10, 2006 2:42:28 AM

Quote:

Though I'm not on eto live that far in the future, I'd say that it will be 8core for servers and 4 on the desktop and 2 on mobile platforms.

SInce GDDR4 is coming out, we should be at DDR5+, with 36GB/s RAM.

Because of 4X4, all mid-high end mobos will have AT LEAST 2 sockets. There may even be more riser type cards to lower space and mobo trace so that there will be no more plugs on the cards. All plugs will be stabdardized on the case and their will be phase change power supplies for each individual component.

GPUs will be able to render Episode III level graphics and physics chips will be the norm. Sound will be 10.1 HD+ (1024KHz) and keyboards will have less value ( are you listening Ray Ozzie?).
July 10, 2006 2:45:30 AM

It is evident that the next few years will be the multiple core
evolution.

Physics by then - will be getting a lot of attention.
July 10, 2006 3:05:48 AM

Quote:
I, the person who will probably accomplish what only maybe 1/100 of 1% have ever been able to accomplish

The only thing you've accomplished is wasting my 45 seconds (the time it took to type this).

Quote:
, am the one being drugged and murdered?

The sooner the better.
July 10, 2006 3:07:15 AM

Quote:
Because of 4X4, all mid-high end mobos will have AT LEAST 2 sockets.
Why would you want a dual socket board in 2009 when Intel will have chips such as the yorkfield with 8 cores?
July 10, 2006 3:09:18 AM

AHAHAH!

4 degrees and 13 years of college, you must be proud, aint smart enough to go to University? or maybe just a little too smart? Sometimes, people should think b4 they type or w/e... you, doing 13 years of college, should have quite some knowledge in the outside world, but from all your post that you made, they are all, lets just say... kiddie.

I mean, if u gone through 4 degrees and 13 years of college in a MENTAL TREATMENT center, then sure, I'll be nicer, I even pat you on the back. But if not, go suck on a lemon, cause guess what, most of us, "pathetic and godless persons", we know more stuff than you. And if you dont like how we respond? you know what you can do? DON'T POST THINGS...

This is how we run things, and this is how we like it.
July 10, 2006 3:11:50 AM

Quote:
Because of 4X4, all mid-high end mobos will have AT LEAST 2 sockets.
Why would you want a dual socket board in 2009 when Intel will have chips such as the yorkfield with 8 cores?

He didn't ask what I wanted he asked for an opinion of where the CPU platform for AMD64 ( MS said it's AMD64 until a 128 bit CPU comes out - wow I forgot that) will be.

What I want is irrelevant for the most part.

Besides I said 8 core ....
July 10, 2006 3:26:27 AM

in my opinion they will come with penis's right on the motherboard so you can shove the stupid thing up your ass, as well as this post.
July 10, 2006 3:33:37 AM

Maybe you should consider removing the "Intel supports terrorism" from your signature,
then people might take you more seriously than a 13 year old.
July 10, 2006 3:36:06 AM

Quote:
in my opinion they will come with penis's right on the motherboard so you can shove the stupid thing up your ass, as well as this post.

I wanted to quote that in my signature, but there wasn't enough room. Damn 250 word limit!
July 10, 2006 3:39:26 AM

Quote:
How many stupid threads do want to start? You're almost as bad as piddy.

Support Action_Man; boycott idiots and their stupid, useless fanboy threads.
July 10, 2006 3:53:01 AM

If you want to make predictions for then, read the AMD and Intel roadmaps and bring that into your question.
July 10, 2006 4:34:19 AM

Actually, this is most intelligent thread you've created yet. I'm glad you're over the stupid "which is better" questions.

I think that by 2009, clock speeds won't have improved too much... maybe 4-5Ghz max, but most of us will probably using quad core by then. I think the bigger increase will come in FSB speeds. Look for 1.6Ghz-2Ghz FSB/Memory clock speeds in 2009.

As for video cards... who knows. They're advancing faster than anything else right now. Video cards tend to get new "features" added than anything else...

Hard drives... 750GB-1TB will probably be the "norm" for a high end system. Terabyte drives will definitely exist though.

Memory size... hmm... I'd say 4GB will be standard for enthusiasts by then. 8GB for really high end systems.

Optical- some of us will probably have HD-DVD/Bluray burners. Most of us will definitely have HD-DVD/bluray readers.

My predictions. ;-) Someone right them down! We'll compare in 2009.
July 10, 2006 7:27:58 AM

Quote:

I wanted to quote that in my signature, but there wasn't enough room. Damn 250 word limit!Why don't you put some of your own thoughts in your sig?
July 10, 2006 10:02:58 AM

yes i think that's the tendecie to get more and more cores, but i think the biggest revolution will be in therms of memory need due to big consuming aplications and in the HD and graphic market , due to space needed to HD gammes and video and desktop, i hope that HD rule.
July 10, 2006 12:39:45 PM

Quote:
AHAHAH!

4 degrees and 13 years of college, you must be proud, aint smart enough to go to University? or maybe just a little too smart? Sometimes, people should think b4 they type or w/e... you, doing 13 years of college, should have quite some knowledge in the outside world, but from all your post that you made, they are all, lets just say... kiddie.

I mean, if u gone through 4 degrees and 13 years of college in a MENTAL TREATMENT center, then sure, I'll be nicer, I even pat you on the back. But if not, go suck on a lemon, cause guess what, most of us, "pathetic and godless persons", we know more stuff than you. And if you dont like how we respond? you know what you can do? DON'T POST THINGS...

This is how we run things, and this is how we like it.

Since you know how to post things! - Who are you directing this
to? It can't be me. so WTF!
July 10, 2006 2:28:32 PM

Quote:

Bizarre. This forum really does have it all.

When you have the four degrees perhaps you will have something more constructive to say other than 'moms spanking your high school butts'. Until then well..your post represents 23 seconds of weird I'll never get back. Almost worth it.
July 10, 2006 6:06:18 PM

if u were more educated and above our class then u should kno bragging about it brings u down to our lvl.......sad really
July 10, 2006 6:14:41 PM

Can anyone even fantasize bout what they imagine in 2009? That's what the post was about.

In addition to my previous post,

2TB HDs with 1GB of Flash
multi gigabit wireless NICs
40"LCDs
DX12 with photorealism
USB 3.0 with 960Mb/s

CPUs and GPUs are interchangeable in the same socket.
July 10, 2006 6:31:50 PM

Quote:

Bizarre. This forum really does have it all.

When you have the four degrees perhaps you will have something more constructive to say other than 'moms spanking your high school butts'. Until then well..your post represents 23 seconds of weird I'll never get back. Almost worth it.

this is the smartest thing said out of every post here
July 10, 2006 6:50:05 PM

Quote:
Add this to the list of predictions for the 2009-2010 timeframe.

http://www.tgdaily.com/2006/07/10/intel_32_core_process...
What is this? Another pipe dream from Intel? I say we shoot down that prediction right now - after all, weren't we supposed to have 10GHz Pentiums by now?

This is how we will be using multi-core processors in 2015.
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/03/04/intel_100_core/
July 10, 2006 7:00:40 PM

Quote:

What is this? Another pipe dream from Intel? I say we shoot down that prediction right now - after all, weren't we supposed to have 10GHz Pentiums by now?
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/03/04/intel_100_core/Yeah, and if you're old enough to remember Popular Mechanics was predicting(in the 60's) that we would have flying cars by 2000. Just a little off on that one. If companies don't speculate, and use their imaginations, then progress would be very slow indeed. We would still be driving cars with wooden spoked wheels, and crank start. :?
July 10, 2006 7:21:26 PM

Quote:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/03/04/intel_100_core/Yeah, and if you're old enough to remember Popular Mechanics was predicting(in the 60's) that we would have flying cars by 2000. Just a little off on that one. If companies don't speculate, and use their imaginations, then progress would be very slow indeed. We would still be driving cars with wooden spoked wheels, and crank start. :?
Touché - after all, we can't see into the future. The world can change in the span of one day, and the dreams of today can become the realities of tommorow.

And in hindsight, the Popular Mechanics prediction wasn't as far-fetched as we might think:http://www.moller.com/skycar/
Hey, it's a start...
July 11, 2006 1:32:19 AM

Quote:

I wanted to quote that in my signature, but there wasn't enough room. Damn 250 word limit!Why don't you put some of your own thoughts in your sig?

Maybe because I don't think
July 11, 2006 4:32:13 AM

Quote:

Maybe because I don't thinkLOL. :) 
July 11, 2006 4:37:27 AM

Quote:

And in hindsight, the Popular Mechanics prediction wasn't as far-fetched as we might think:http://www.moller.com/skycar/
Hey, it's a start...
Yeah, i've seen that on tv many times, and it's cool, but unfortunately it's still a long ways off from mass-production, and/or being legalized....i'd say 10 years at least. Too many people driving cars while talking on the mobile phone as it is...imagine those people in a personal helicopter. People will be crashing into the sides of houses and buildings. :p 
July 11, 2006 6:22:15 AM

Quote:
Can anyone even fantasize bout what they imagine in 2009? That's what the post was about.

In addition to my previous post,

2TB HDs with 1GB of Flash
multi gigabit wireless NICs
40"LCDs
DX12 with photorealism
USB 3.0 with 960Mb/s

CPUs and GPUs are interchangeable in the same socket.

"1GB of Flash"
Id say more than that, intel and MS both are saying maybe even 4GB.

"DX12 with photorealism"
MS is lazy they wont even have 10 out til 07, so dont count on 12 or even 11 out til somewhere after 2010.

40"LCDs
O.O
ZOMG 40!!!! when will it end!?!?!? seriously what size do you think the monitor increase will stop, there only so much a man can see!
July 11, 2006 12:47:36 PM

There's one thing I hate more than people that create more threads than they reply to, and the one thing is self righteous drivel.
July 11, 2006 2:03:03 PM

Quote:
this is BM and 9 inch trying to pull a fast one. the future will be of course intel making processors/chipsets and amd owned by dell who wants to compete with intel. so no more amd and welcome dell. lol
edit=typo

Are you saying I have another account? Why can't you just answer the post without all these tangents?

Dell won't buy AMD. Unless they can also buy about 4 fabs.
July 11, 2006 4:16:06 PM

Quote:
I, someone who by the end of college will have amassed 4 degrees and maybe 13 total years of college

I find this hard to believe.

Quote:
am continually bombarded by pathetic and Godless persons.

Shove it god boy.

Too bad it took him that long. Alzheimer will get him and he will forget what he went to school for. :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 
!