Create Group by Subnet

Howdy,
I've got a issue that I'm having a trouble with. I have a very large AD
that is all one domain, all one site....but a whole lot of subnets. I've got
unattended installation of an exe that I need to send out to workstations by
subnet. Any idea how I can create groups based on what subnet they are on? I
want to attach a logon script to each group rolling out the application to
the users.

Thanks in advance!
Jason Reynolds
p3x935 at gee mail dot com

There would be no penalty here for creating multiple sites to segment the
subnets and do GPOs per site.

Consider that as a quick solution rather than messing with something more
prone to problems.

--
Ryan Hanisco
MCSE, MCDBA

"Jason Reynolds" <p3x935@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Howdy,
> I've got a issue that I'm having a trouble with. I have a very large AD
> that is all one domain, all one site....but a whole lot of subnets. I've
> got unattended installation of an exe that I need to send out to
> workstations by subnet. Any idea how I can create groups based on what
> subnet they are on? I want to attach a logon script to each group rolling
> out the application to the users.
>
> Thanks in advance!
> Jason Reynolds
> p3x935 at gee mail dot com

Actually there could be penalties depending on placement of DCs and such.

joe

www.joeware.net

Ryan Hanisco wrote:
> There would be no penalty here for creating multiple sites to segment the
> subnets and do GPOs per site.
>
> Consider that as a quick solution rather than messing with something more
> prone to problems.

TRENDING THREADS