ihateibuypower

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2006
i want to free up some space on my hard drive and ive deleted most of the programs i dont need but it doesnt add up to 60GB so i was wondering if you guys knew where i could delete some useless stuff on my computer that would create enough space for me to put a few more programs on

PCcashCow

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2002
There is no info to go on based on what you've asked. You may want to asked yourself "What do I have on this hdd that is OS dependand" then move any other files and even some programs to an external or spare drive. But again, your comming out of left field with this question, you may as well ask us to guess how many fingers your holding up.

RichPLS

Champion
Research using google on how to reclaim space by dumping compressed deleted files from the trash bin... and also from backups made by Windows when new progs are installed...
Also space is used up and reserved by system restore...
Seek and you will find... I tossed some clues... the rest is up to you...

waylander

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2004
Definitely do the above.

A friend of mine asked me why his computer was running so slow, I went into each login account and did a disk clean up. Then deleted all the old restore points. Ended up clearing almost 12 gb of space, over 700 files in each recycle bin.... (their hdd was almost all red in defrag too)