Power Users and Local Administrator Groups

I want to have a domain group that when I add users to it, they become local
administrators of all Domain PC's. I also want to do the same for a Power
Users Group. Is this possible and how do I accomplish this?

Darrell
2 answers Last reply
More about power users local administrator groups

    Darrell.

    The Short Answer:
    You create a security group for each purpose, add users to them, then add
    them locally to the Admin and Power User groups, respectively, on each
    machine.

    The longer answer:
    You are probably asking that so you don't have to go around to all of the
    machines to add the groups. there are a number of things you can do to
    script this. Take a look on the web, and perhaps Jerold's site; there are a
    lot of scripts out there for managing this.

    --
    Ryan Hanisco
    MCSE, MCDBA

    On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 22:57:21 -0600, "Darrell" <darrell_eddy@bellsouth.net> wrote:

    >I want to have a domain group that when I add users to it, they become local
    >administrators of all Domain PC's. I also want to do the same for a Power
    >Users Group. Is this possible and how do I accomplish this?
    >
    >Darrell

    Group Policy Restricted Groups, tip 3251 in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsiinc.com

    See tip 5319 » How do I create a global group, so that it is a member of the local administrators group on all workstations and member servers, by using group policy restricted groups?

    Jerold Schulman
    Windows Server MVP
    JSI, Inc.
    http://www.jsiinc.com