Power Users and Local Administrator Groups

Darrell

I want to have a domain group that when I add users to it, they become local
administrators of all Domain PC's. I also want to do the same for a Power
Users Group. Is this possible and how do I accomplish this?

Darrell

Darrell.

The Short Answer:
You create a security group for each purpose, add users to them, then add
them locally to the Admin and Power User groups, respectively, on each
machine.

The longer answer:
You are probably asking that so you don't have to go around to all of the
machines to add the groups. there are a number of things you can do to
script this. Take a look on the web, and perhaps Jerold's site; there are a
lot of scripts out there for managing this.

--
Ryan Hanisco
MCSE, MCDBA

On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 22:57:21 -0600, "Darrell" <darrell_eddy@bellsouth.net> wrote:

>I want to have a domain group that when I add users to it, they become local
>administrators of all Domain PC's. I also want to do the same for a Power
>Users Group. Is this possible and how do I accomplish this?
>
>Darrell

Group Policy Restricted Groups, tip 3251 in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsiinc.com

See tip 5319 » How do I create a global group, so that it is a member of the local administrators group on all workstations and member servers, by using group policy restricted groups?

Jerold Schulman
Windows Server MVP
JSI, Inc.
http://www.jsiinc.com