rider86

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2006
so i was installing my am2 3500+ and heatsink with fan and when i turned the system on i stupidly went to touch something and hit the fan. one of the props broke of. will this cause me any problems. can 1 prob of 10 do that much damage? please help

so i was installing my am2 3500+ and heatsink with fan and when i turned the system on i stupidly went to touch something and hit the fan. one of the props broke of. will this cause me any problems. can 1 prob of 10 do that much damage? please help

You should be okay. It will not cool as well a before, but you'll be fine.

But, due to the imbalance of airflow, the fan will most likely be louder.

Human1

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2006
I would expect the uneven weight to cause problems relatively quickly. But, I've never broken a fan, so I don't really know for sure, just guessing.

deweycd

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2005
A broken fan should be replaced when you get the chance, its not an incredible rush because it doesn't effect the temperature much, but they wear out alot faster.

Yay- my 100'th post

rider86

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2006
is it possible to use a regular case fan to replace the heatsink fan. i'm having a hard time finding am2 fans. i'm also new at this so that could be the problem.lol

thechristopher

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2006
One missing blade will put the fan out of balance and increase noise. The fan will fail as the bearing wears out.

Buy a good replacement not oem. Thermaltake ect.

someguyy

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2006
is it possible to use a regular case fan to replace the heatsink fan. i'm having a hard time finding am2 fans. i'm also new at this so that could be the problem.lol

Yes it is entirely possible to do that.