HP 712C and Windows 2000

We have an old but very reliable HP 712C inkjet printer. If I tried to
install it (using the included CD-ROM software) on a Windows 2000
Professional computer, would it work okay?

I just went to the HP website, and it appears the installation CD-ROM
may not even be necessary for a Windows 2000 computer. Supposedly, Win2000
already has the driver built-in. I just have to select it from a list using
the Add Printer Wizard.

"History Fan" <Ihatespam@ireallyreallyhateSPAM.com> wrote in message
> We have an old but very reliable HP 712C inkjet printer. If I tried
> to install it (using the included CD-ROM software) on a Windows 2000
> Professional computer, would it work okay?

On Mon, 2 May 2005 15:16:14 -0400, "History Fan"
<Ihatespam@ireallyreallyhateSPAM.com> wrote as underneath my scribble
:

Right - but the finer adjustments to colour quality, halftoning etc
etc., available with full drivers under w98 etc., will no longer be
available options with the built into w2000 driver! Really annoying
if you were used to using any of these print quality facilities. HP
policy..
Charlie+

> I just went to the HP website, and it appears the installation CD-ROM
>may not even be necessary for a Windows 2000 computer. Supposedly, Win2000
>already has the driver built-in. I just have to select it from a list using
>the Add Printer Wizard.

TRENDING THREADS