I am getting this event ID 1000 error on a Domain Controll..

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
March 10, 2005 1:07:43 AM

I am getting this error (see below) every 5 mins on all the domain
controllers. I cannot find any references to "with 13" error code. I am
assuming the group policy has become corrupted or error made during the GPO
creation. How can I track this down or fix this?

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Userenv
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1000
Date: 08/03/2005
Time: 10:27:14
User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer: Mydomain_PDC
Windows cannot access the registry information at
\\mydomain.com\sysvol\mydomain.com\Policies\{31B2F340-016D-11D2-945F-00C04FB
984F9}\Machine\registry.pol with (13).

Thanks for any help in advance.

Shana
Anonymous
March 10, 2005 2:50:15 AM

Happens when WinXP SP2 trying to read a older GPO version.
Open up and save GPO.

"Shana" <shana@londoncc!co!uk> wrote in message
> I am getting this error (see below) every 5 mins on all the domain
> controllers. I cannot find any references to "with 13" error code. I am
> assuming the group policy has become corrupted or error made during the
GPO
> creation. How can I track this down or fix this?
>
> Event Type: Error
> Event Source: Userenv
> Event Category: None
> Event ID: 1000
> Date: 08/03/2005
> Time: 10:27:14
> User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
> Computer: Mydomain_PDC
> Windows cannot access the registry information at

\\mydomain.com\sysvol\mydomain.com\Policies\{31B2F340-016D-11D2-945F-00C04FB
> 984F9}\Machine\registry.pol with (13).
>

> Thanks for any help in advance.
>
> Shana

Anonymous
March 10, 2005 2:50:32 AM

Happens when WinXP SP2 trying to read a older GPO version.
Open up and save GPO.

"Shana" <shana@londoncc!co!uk> wrote in message
> I am getting this error (see below) every 5 mins on all the domain
> controllers. I cannot find any references to "with 13" error code. I am
> assuming the group policy has become corrupted or error made during the
GPO
> creation. How can I track this down or fix this?
>
> Event Type: Error
> Event Source: Userenv
> Event Category: None
> Event ID: 1000
> Date: 08/03/2005
> Time: 10:27:14
> User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
> Computer: Mydomain_PDC
> Windows cannot access the registry information at

\\mydomain.com\sysvol\mydomain.com\Policies\{31B2F340-016D-11D2-945F-00C04FB
> 984F9}\Machine\registry.pol with (13).
>

> Thanks for any help in advance.
>
> Shana

Anonymous
March 11, 2005 2:04:29 PM

Thank you for your message. I have looked at those but have since then
discovered that the registry.pol had 0 bytes in machine directory. Managed
replace that from an old backup. Seems to have cured the problem for now.

Thanks,

Shana

"Henrik Johansson" <nospam_Henrik[DOT]Johansson[AT]mh[DOT]se> wrote in
message news:%23V1IopPJFHA.3340@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...

!