smallz

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2006
ive heard taht due to intels price drops and the conroe coming soon, do you guys think that its true that amd's will also make a drop?(it makes sense to me) also im looking to make a new pc and i dont know to go with AM2 verses 939. am2 will be better in the long run, but is it worth it now?

clue69less

Splendid
Mar 2, 2006
ive heard taht due to intels price drops and the conroe coming soon, do you guys think that its true that amd's will also make a drop?(it makes sense to me) also im looking to make a new pc and i dont know to go with AM2 verses 939. am2 will be better in the long run, but is it worth it now?

If you're totally focussed on buying AMD, then AM2 probably makes sense. Why not wait on Conroe, it's like 2 weeks? I do believe that AMD CPUs will drop dramatically in price. In terms of "worth it now", that's a value judgement only you can make.

JonathanDeane

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
I agree with Clue I would wait 2 weeks unless you gotta have it now. I think AMD might lower its prices a little the day before Core just to grab some headlines lol How much is anyones guess... or they may not who can realy read the future.

On a side note if you gotta have it now now then all I can say it will be good for a long time to come you just may pay a little more to have it sooner :)

endyen

Splendid
The official date for AMD's next "price correction" is July 24th.
That just so happens to be the day after Intel is supposed to officially release conroe.
There should be some "real" performance benchmarks, comparing conroe to AM2. Then would be a good time to decide what to buy.

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
The official date for AMD's next "price correction" is July 24th.
That just so happens to be the day after Intel is supposed to officially release conroe.
There should be some "real" performance benchmarks, comparing conroe to AM2. Then would be a good time to decide what to buy.
Intel changed Conroe's release date to the 27th, so i wonder if AMD will still lower on the 24th, or wait til the 27th and milk a little more money?