how to sync time

Hello,

How to synt workstation clocks with DC in W2K domain?

Thanks
-Will

Will,

See this kb article:
How to configure an Authoritative Time Server in Windows
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;216734

For additional information, notice the link to the white paper at the bottom
of the kb.
Chris

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 15:04:59 +0200, William Stokes wrote:

> Hello,
>
> How to synt workstation clocks with DC in W2K domain?

I use Kixtart for logon-script, and there I state a time-sync with my DC.
Or you can use the 'net time' command if using normal batchfiles.

--
Toni Van Remortel
Netwerkbeheerder HA Dept. Ontwerpwetenschappen

Assuming everything is working properly you shouldn't need to include any
time sync commands in a logon script as a PC should automatically sync its
time with the authenticating DC. DCs in turn authenticate with the PDC
Emulator in its domain. The only machine in the forest that needs to be
manually synchronised is the PDC Emulator in the forest root domain, you can
use the net time /setsntp command on this one machine to sync with an
external time server and that time should flow down to every server and PC.
If this process is not working, it's best to troubleshoot why rather than to
start manually setting the time.

"Toni Van Remortel" <t.vanremortel@VERWIJDEREN.ha.be> wrote in message
> On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 15:04:59 +0200, William Stokes wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> How to synt workstation clocks with DC in W2K domain?
>
> I use Kixtart for logon-script, and there I state a time-sync with my DC.
> Or you can use the 'net time' command if using normal batchfiles.
>
> --
> Toni Van Remortel
> Netwerkbeheerder HA Dept. Ontwerpwetenschappen

Mike

Splendid

We are currently running AD and NDS. I have setup the netware servers to
point to a external source. Eventually the netware and microsoft servers
become out of sync. I followed the article you gave but ran into some
problems. I wanted both servers to sync with the same source(it would be
good if anyone knew if I could sink them both up internally?) I don't have
the registry keys that they speak off on my DC. Namely the
ReliableTimeSource and NtpServer keys. Is there something that I'm not
doing? Does the server have to be restarted after I change the type value to
NTP? I'll continue to look into syncing them up internally. Thanks for any
advice.