James

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I recently installed the sp2 security update. after that
i can not get the defragmentor to work. Any ideas? I
removed the sp2 but it still won't work. although it
worked well before. Thanks for your help. James

Try and defrag your drive fomr the Command Prompt
chkdsk /f

Michael Ortega

"James" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I recently installed the sp2 security update. after that
> i can not get the defragmentor to work. Any ideas? I
> removed the sp2 but it still won't work. although it
> worked well before. Thanks for your help. James

CTRL/ALT/DEL services...turn off the services that are using
your hard drive and writing data to it, such as find fast,
indexing and even the screensaver.