SYNCH Time

My DC keeps "drifting" 2 minutes behind. What is the command line to set it
to synch with an SNTP server and what are some reliable SNTP server out
there that I should synch with?

Thanks -
Sean

Sean,

See this kb article:
How to configure an Authoritative Time Server in Windows
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;216734

For additional information, notice the link to the white paper at the bottom
of the kb.

Chris

"HelpPls" <smd6169@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> My DC keeps "drifting" 2 minutes behind. What is the command line to set
it
> to synch with an SNTP server and what are some reliable SNTP server out
> there that I should synch with?
>
> Thanks -
> Sean

Sean,

Remember that you only configure the PDCe of the forest root to synchronise
with an external time source. All other DCs and domain members will then
synchronise in an hierarchical manner.

If the DC is skewing often, perhaps there's an issue with the CMOS battery,
or processor saturisation...

--

Paul Williams

http://www.msresource.net/