Where can I get...

Mark and Recall Amulets? I remember getting them through the Mages Guild in
an earlier game, or maybe they were part of Hlaalu quests? Well, now I'm a
beefy Redguard tank, and won't be doing Hlaalu OR Mages Guild (damn them!
whiners!) but I sure could use these amulets...

I will eventually enchant them, but they cost about 18000gp apiece and I'm
nowhere near able to afford that yet...

Also, what are vampires weak against? I'm trying to clear out the Dwemer
ruins near the Urshilaku Camp, but the damn Vamps are hugely powerful (and
wearing Ebony armor!) and I don't have any spells...I'm quaffing Sujamma (or
Matze?) but it doesn't seem to be helping that much...maybe I should stack
them like crazy and just roll in there like a freak, bashing down the walls,
bringing the old Dwemer ruins crashing down on their heads. That will make
it hard to loot them, though...

Ooh! What if the next game had deformable terrain?

Any ideas for a tank who is used to being a sneaky mage?
28 answers Last reply
More about where

    DoomMunky wrote:

    > Mark and Recall Amulets? I remember getting them through the Mages Guild in
    > an earlier game, or maybe they were part of Hlaalu quests? Well, now I'm a
    > beefy Redguard tank, and won't be doing Hlaalu OR Mages Guild (damn them!
    > whiners!) but I sure could use these amulets...

    There is a Recall amulet for sale in the trader's store next to
    the inn in Caldera. My new characters always buy that as soon
    as they arrive in town. I don't think I've ever run across a
    Mark amulet for sale, though.

    Briarroot wrote:
    > DoomMunky wrote:
    >>
    >> Mark and Recall Amulets? I remember getting them through the Mages
    >> Guild in an earlier game, or maybe they were part of Hlaalu quests?
    >> Well, now I'm a beefy Redguard tank, and won't be doing Hlaalu OR
    >> Mages Guild (damn them! whiners!) but I sure could use these
    >> amulets...
    >
    > There is a Recall amulet for sale in the trader's store next to
    > the inn in Caldera. My new characters always buy that as soon
    > as they arrive in town. I don't think I've ever run across a
    > Mark amulet for sale, though.

    You can buy a Mark spell :)
    McG.

    He's a "beefy Radguard Tank", so any spellcasting ability is out of
    question, i guess :)
    There are several mark potions.. I think in ald-ruhn or ebonhart.

    DoomMunky wrote:
    > Mark and Recall Amulets? I remember getting them through the Mages Guild in
    > an earlier game, or maybe they were part of Hlaalu quests? Well, now I'm a
    > beefy Redguard tank, and won't be doing Hlaalu OR Mages Guild (damn them!
    > whiners!) but I sure could use these amulets...
    >
    > I will eventually enchant them, but they cost about 18000gp apiece and I'm
    > nowhere near able to afford that yet...
    >
    > Also, what are vampires weak against? I'm trying to clear out the Dwemer
    > ruins near the Urshilaku Camp, but the damn Vamps are hugely powerful (and
    > wearing Ebony armor!) and I don't have any spells...I'm quaffing Sujamma (or
    > Matze?) but it doesn't seem to be helping that much...maybe I should stack
    > them like crazy and just roll in there like a freak, bashing down the walls,
    > bringing the old Dwemer ruins crashing down on their heads. That will make
    > it hard to loot them, though...

    Goldbrand is good against the Vampires and fairly easy to get.

    > Ooh! What if the next game had deformable terrain?
    >
    > Any ideas for a tank who is used to being a sneaky mage?

    I've recently found a Mark Amulet inside of..some place with slaves. I
    believe it's Ahinipalit west of Sadrith Mora. But also could have been Mawia
    which is East of Morag Mar. I found it inside of a crate and these may be
    randomly generated. Never fear however, because there are such things out
    there!
    By the way, anyone know where some good loots can be found? At the moment
    I'm just runnin around to every dungeon I can find fighting stuff. I am a
    level 16 ranger with near-full glass armor and the bow of shadows.
    Everything is easy for me to kill so far. I hear that Dagon Fel has some
    good fightin grounds in it's area, but haven't checked em out yet. Somehow
    even the Draemora Lords go down with out much of a fight. I guess it's all
    that glass armor eh? hehe oh well game is still fun and the best part is I
    didn't even cheat. gotta finish writing paper now, bye ;O

    > There is a Recall amulet for sale in the trader's store next to
    > the inn in Caldera. My new characters always buy that as soon
    > as they arrive in town. I don't think I've ever run across a
    > Mark amulet for sale, though.

    Damn! I'll check out that Recall amulet first thing. Thanks!

    McGrandpa wrote:

    > Briarroot wrote:
    > > DoomMunky wrote:
    > >>
    > >> Mark and Recall Amulets? I remember getting them through the Mages
    > >> Guild in an earlier game, or maybe they were part of Hlaalu quests?
    > >> Well, now I'm a beefy Redguard tank, and won't be doing Hlaalu OR
    > >> Mages Guild (damn them! whiners!) but I sure could use these
    > >> amulets...
    > >
    > > There is a Recall amulet for sale in the trader's store next to
    > > the inn in Caldera. My new characters always buy that as soon
    > > as they arrive in town. I don't think I've ever run across a
    > > Mark amulet for sale, though.
    >
    > You can buy a Mark spell :)

    Which is what I usually do. I don't change my Mark
    location very much. I keep it right in front of the
    Ogrim Merchant in Caldera (mod). But that Recall
    amulet is essential for my non-casting characters. ;-)

    DoomMunky wrote:

    > > There is a Recall amulet for sale in the trader's store next to
    > > the inn in Caldera. My new characters always buy that as soon
    > > as they arrive in town. I don't think I've ever run across a
    > > Mark amulet for sale, though.
    >
    > Damn! I'll check out that Recall amulet first thing. Thanks!

    You're welcome.

    I think the enchantress in the Vivec Mages Guild
    sells both Mark and Recall spell scrolls and the
    stock replenishes from time to time. I can't
    recall if she sells to non guild members or not.
    She's the one on the left as you enter the guild.

    There are also a pair of Mark and Recall potions
    for sale in the exclusive potion shop in Balmora.
    They do not replenish though, so you can only buy
    the set once.

    On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 22:38:10 GMT, with the help of 10,000 Little
    Computer Monkeys (LCM'S) "DoomMunky" <MunkyNorth@literotica.org> wrote:

    >Mark and Recall Amulets? I remember getting them through the Mages Guild in
    >an earlier game, or maybe they were part of Hlaalu quests? Well, now I'm a
    >beefy Redguard tank, and won't be doing Hlaalu OR Mages Guild (damn them!
    >whiners!) but I sure could use these amulets...

    You get both Amulets as part of one of the Mage Guild quests given to
    Mage Guild members by the Ald'ryhn Mage Guild Steward...

    That's my 2¢,

    FTA

    "In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."

    -Martin Luther King Jr.

    On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 02:19:28 GMT, with the help of 10,000 Little
    Computer Monkeys (LCM'S) "AJ" <wanink@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

    >By the way, anyone know where some good loots can be found? At the moment
    >I'm just runnin around to every dungeon I can find fighting stuff. I am a
    >level 16 ranger with near-full glass armor and the bow of shadows.
    >Everything is easy for me to kill so far. I hear that Dagon Fel has some
    >good fightin grounds in it's area, but haven't checked em out yet. Somehow
    >even the Draemora Lords go down with out much of a fight. I guess it's all
    >that glass armor eh? hehe oh well game is still fun and the best part is I
    >didn't even cheat. gotta finish writing paper now, bye ;O

    There's a Unique Grotto (you'll quickly find out why) at a small island
    South of Castle Ebonheart that you might be interested in visiting,
    there's a least one NICE item to be found there! Before you go, make
    sure that you have extra potions of waterbreathing or something that
    will keep your character from drowning, because your character will be
    underwater for awhile before you get to the good stuff. An Intervention
    type scroll or item might also be useful for getting back to a temple on
    dry land with ALL your newfound loot...

    DoomMunky wrote:

    > Also, what are vampires weak against?

    They don't like fire.

    "DoomMunky" <MunkyNorth@literotica.org> skrev i en meddelelse
    > Mark and Recall Amulets? I remember getting them through the Mages
    Guild in
    > an earlier game, or maybe they were part of Hlaalu quests? Well, now
    I'm a
    > beefy Redguard tank, and won't be doing Hlaalu OR Mages Guild (damn
    them!
    > whiners!) but I sure could use these amulets...
    >
    > I will eventually enchant them, but they cost about 18000gp apiece and
    I'm
    > nowhere near able to afford that yet...
    >
    > Also, what are vampires weak against? I'm trying to clear out the
    Dwemer
    > ruins near the Urshilaku Camp, but the damn Vamps are hugely powerful
    (and
    > wearing Ebony armor!) and I don't have any spells...I'm quaffing Sujamma
    (or
    > Matze?) but it doesn't seem to be helping that much...maybe I should
    stack
    > them like crazy and just roll in there like a freak, bashing down the
    walls,
    > bringing the old Dwemer ruins crashing down on their heads. That will
    make
    > it hard to loot them, though...

    Get a huge ladder, climb - or levitate - up and grab
    a piece of the sun, put it in a lantern, and bring that
    with you. Sunlight is their worst problem. It will kill
    them fast. Remember, a vampire is an animated
    corpse, really. He is not on speaking terms with
    the sun at all.
    On a more 'realistic' note: get a 'summon golden
    saint' or 'summon dremora' spell. They are good
    companions. And there are at least three mods
    that I could suggest, if you are interested

    merlin

    "DoomMunky" <MunkyNorth@literotica.org> wrote in message

    > Also, what are vampires weak against?

    Older vampires. ;-)

    Thanks, Briarroot! Your knowledge of the potions is a little scary...how
    long have you been living this game? ("playing" just doesn't cover it when
    you're talking about Morrowind)

    DoomMunky wrote:

    > Thanks, Briarroot! Your knowledge of the potions is a little scary...how
    > long have you been living this game? ("playing" just doesn't cover it when
    > you're talking about Morrowind)

    Two years now. I've started many characters, and I've pretty
    much figured out the best locations to visit first to find the
    essentials that every new character needs to survive.

    I'm *still* not bored with Morrowind. ;-)

    Thanks for the mod idea, but I like to keep my game pretty pure...though I
    love having John Henry's big-ass house to store my stuff in...

    Just out of curiosity, what are they?

    Any other great loot locales you all can think of? (I'm in the money-raising
    phase right now, looking to build myself quite a powerful tank before I go
    and tackle some of the tougher quests...)

    The one I mention in my starter post is a great one, AJ. There are a pair
    of Dwemer ruins south and a little west of the Urshilaku camp, right at the
    seaward end of the Fodaya that runs northwest from Ald-ruhn to the sea.
    There's some tough vampires wearing Glass and Ebony (or is it Daedric?)
    armor. Great loot, but if you don't have Tribunal it'll take a while to
    sell it all to Creeper.

    > > Also, what are vampires weak against?
    >
    > Older vampires. ;-)

    Grrrrr!!!

    (sexy vampires, too?)

    On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 18:57:06 GMT, with the help of 10,000 Little
    Computer Monkeys (LCM'S) "DoomMunky" <MunkyNorth@literotica.org> wrote:

    >Any other great loot locales you all can think of? (I'm in the money-raising
    >phase right now, looking to build myself quite a powerful tank before I go
    >and tackle some of the tougher quests...)
    >
    >The one I mention in my starter post is a great one, AJ. There are a pair
    >of Dwemer ruins south and a little west of the Urshilaku camp, right at the
    >seaward end of the Fodaya that runs northwest from Ald-ruhn to the sea.
    >There's some tough vampires wearing Glass and Ebony (or is it Daedric?)
    >armor. Great loot, but if you don't have Tribunal it'll take a while to
    >sell it all to Creeper.

    There are plenty, including in the caves beneath Castle Ebonheart.

    If nothing else since you're on a money kick, if you get rid of
    creatures bodies in Daedric ruins like for example Ald Sotha near Vivec,
    you'll find that New Creatures Respawn with hopefully more loot whenever
    you reenter the ruin. So kill the creatures, get rid of their bodies,
    leave the ruin, and then go back in the ruin to kill the new creatures
    that respawn, repeat as necessary... Keep in mind that visiting Ald
    Sotha is key in at least 3 different quests, so don't sell anything
    Unique you find there.

    Also think about getting one of the mods that gives Creeper more money
    per day if you're tired of selling stuff for small amounts of gold
    (10,000 or less) per day.

    Good Luck!

    That's my 2¢,

    FTA

    "In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."

    -Martin Luther King Jr.

    FTA expounded thusly :

    > On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 18:57:06 GMT, with the help of 10,000 Little
    > Computer Monkeys (LCM'S) "DoomMunky" <MunkyNorth@literotica.org>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Any other great loot locales you all can think of? (I'm in the
    >> money-raising phase right now, looking to build myself quite a
    >> powerful tank before I go and tackle some of the tougher quests...)
    >>
    >> The one I mention in my starter post is a great one, AJ. There are
    >> a pair of Dwemer ruins south and a little west of the Urshilaku
    >> camp, right at the seaward end of the Fodaya that runs northwest
    >> from Ald-ruhn to the sea. There's some tough vampires wearing Glass
    >> and Ebony (or is it Daedric?) armor. Great loot, but if you don't
    >> have Tribunal it'll take a while to sell it all to Creeper.
    >>
    > There are plenty, including in the caves beneath Castle Ebonheart.
    >
    > If nothing else since you're on a money kick, if you get rid of
    > creatures bodies in Daedric ruins like for example Ald Sotha near
    > Vivec, you'll find that New Creatures Respawn with hopefully more
    > loot whenever you reenter the ruin. So kill the creatures, get rid
    > of their bodies, leave the ruin, and then go back in the ruin to kill
    > the new creatures that respawn, repeat as necessary... Keep in mind
    > that visiting Ald Sotha is key in at least 3 different quests, so
    > don't sell anything Unique you find there.
    >
    > Also think about getting one of the mods that gives Creeper more money
    > per day if you're tired of selling stuff for small amounts of gold
    > (10,000 or less) per day.

    Or even think of modding it himself, as it would take < 5 mins. :)

    -mb

    > Thanks for the mod idea, but I like to keep my game pretty pure...though
    > love having John Henry's big-ass house to store my stuff in...
    >
    > Just out of curiosity, what are they?

    for starters

    "scripted spells", "summon command" and "infernal summoning" mods

    merlin

    FTA---
    "FTA" <FTA@fake.email> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 02:19:28 GMT, with the help of 10,000 Little
    > Computer Monkeys (LCM'S) "AJ" <wanink@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
    >
    > >By the way, anyone know where some good loots can be found? At the moment
    > >I'm just runnin around to every dungeon I can find fighting stuff. I am a
    > >level 16 ranger with near-full glass armor and the bow of shadows.
    > >Everything is easy for me to kill so far. I hear that Dagon Fel has some
    > >good fightin grounds in it's area, but haven't checked em out yet.
    Somehow
    > >even the Draemora Lords go down with out much of a fight. I guess it's
    all
    > >that glass armor eh? hehe oh well game is still fun and the best part is
    > >didn't even cheat. gotta finish writing paper now, bye ;O
    >
    > There's a Unique Grotto (you'll quickly find out why) at a small island
    > South of Castle Ebonheart that you might be interested in visiting,
    > there's a least one NICE item to be found there! Before you go, make
    > sure that you have extra potions of waterbreathing or something that
    > will keep your character from drowning, because your character will be
    > underwater for awhile before you get to the good stuff. An Intervention
    > type scroll or item might also be useful for getting back to a temple on
    > dry land with ALL your newfound loot...
    >

    > That's my 2¢,
    >
    > FTA
    >

    > "In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the
    silence of our friends."

    > -Martin Luther King Jr.

    Go and get the soul-catching sword, Umbra.

    "ToolPackinMama" <laura@lauragoodwin.org> wrote in message
    > DoomMunky wrote:
    >
    > > Also, what are vampires weak against?
    >
    > They don't like fire.
    Or daylight...........

    Also---------
    "Andy B" <AndyNoSpamHereEitherBadeaux@cox.nospam.net> wrote in message

    > "DoomMunky" <MunkyNorth@literotica.org> wrote in message
    >
    > > Also, what are vampires weak against?
    >
    > Older vampires. ;-)

    Sins of the flesh..............

    On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 18:57:06 GMT, "DoomMunky"
    <MunkyNorth@literotica.org> wrote:

    >The one I mention in my starter post is a great one, AJ. There are a pair
    >of Dwemer ruins south and a little west of the Urshilaku camp, right at the
    >seaward end of the Fodaya that runs northwest from Ald-ruhn to the sea.
    >There's some tough vampires wearing Glass and Ebony (or is it Daedric?)
    >armor. Great loot, but if you don't have Tribunal it'll take a while to
    >sell it all to Creeper.

    Is there anyone in Tribunal who takes more than 10000 gold per day? (I
    know of several who do that much)

    Right now I'm stocking up on BOOZE! (Anyone who has played Bloodmoon
    knows where I'm going next...)

    On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 02:35:20 GMT, "Dennis Curtis"
    <curtisd1@verizon.net> wrote:

    > Go and get the soul-catching sword, Umbra.

    I'm thinking of modding that to make it 'cast on strike'.

    Getting the sword in the first place was interesting...in general I
    *love* encountering orcs since orcish armor is even more lucrative
    than Dark Brotherhood gear but not that particular orc!

    On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 03:00:45 -0400, Briarroot
    <woodsyl@iwonantispam.com> wrote:

    >I think the enchantress in the Vivec Mages Guild
    >sells both Mark and Recall spell scrolls and the
    >stock replenishes from time to time. I can't
    >recall if she sells to non guild members or not.
    >She's the one on the left as you enter the guild.
    >
    >There are also a pair of Mark and Recall potions
    >for sale in the exclusive potion shop in Balmora.
    >They do not replenish though, so you can only buy
    >the set once.

    It's been quite a while and I'm working from memory here but I'm
    pretty sure you get at least one of them in the Balmora temple.

    > not that particular orc!

    Yeah, he is freakin' tough. I was fighting him for the second time, and I
    barely squeaked it out we both had about 5 health left, were wailing away on
    each other, and I hit him first. Whooo!

Games Video Games