Printhead for Canon i550

Where can one get the replacement head for Canon i550? I couldn't find one
in stores.
TIA
Tomek
8 answers Last reply
More about printhead canon i550

    I think that the IP3000 is the current replacement for the i550. It is
    better in that it is a full duplex printer with twin paper feeds. On
    sale and with rebates I think the cost of a new IP3000 is less than the
    cost of the printhead of the i550. And the enhance IP4000 probably is
    within $10.00 of the cost of an i550 printhead and a set of cartridges.

    It may not be cost justified to replace the printhead.

    Tomek wrote:

    >Where can one get the replacement head for Canon i550? I couldn't find one
    >in stores.
    >TIA
    >Tomek

    I've read posts that ebay is the place to look for good prices on
    replacement Canon printheads, but Measekite is probably right - check the
    prices - probably not cost effective. BTW, what is the problem? Are you
    sure the head is dead? If jets are clogged you may be able to fix it
    yourself. Check the print head cleaning information on
    www.neilslade.com/papers/inkjetstuff if you think that is the problem.

    Burt wrote:

    > I've read posts that ebay is the place to look for good prices on
    > replacement Canon printheads, but Measekite is probably right - check
    > the prices - probably not cost effective. BTW, what is the problem?
    > Are you sure the head is dead? If jets are clogged you may be able
    > to fix it yourself. Check the print head cleaning information on
    > www.neilslade.com/papers/inkjetstuff if you think that is the
    > problem.
    >
    > "Tomek" <t.d.w@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    > > Where can one get the replacement head for Canon i550? I couldn't
    > > find one
    > > in stores.
    > > TIA
    > > Tomek

    www.neilslade.com/papers/inkjetstuff
    invalid url

    On Tue, 3 May 2005 00:05:43 -0400, "Tomek" <t.d.w@sympatico.ca> wrote:

    >Where can one get the replacement head for Canon i550? I couldn't find one
    >in stores.
    >TIA
    >Tomek

    I think you have to order it from Canon. The print head for the newer
    (and sort of new) Canon printers isn't an over the counter item.

    When you finally track one down, you might keel over at the price tag,
    as it's about $75US (approx $105Cdn). For perspective, the typical
    price tag of the iP3000 (Canon's current successor to the i550) is
    $150Cdn, and you can still find i560s (the i550's immediate successor)
    on the shelves for less than $100Cdn.

    MCheu

    MCheu wrote:

    >On Tue, 3 May 2005 00:05:43 -0400, "Tomek" <t.d.w@sympatico.ca> wrote:
    >

    >>Where can one get the replacement head for Canon i550? I couldn't find one
    >>in stores.
    >>TIA
    >>Tomek
    >>

    >I think you have to order it from Canon. The print head for the newer
    >(and sort of new) Canon printers isn't an over the counter item.
    >
    >When you finally track one down, you might keel over at the price tag,
    >as it's about $75US (approx $105Cdn). For perspective, the typical
    >price tag of the iP3000 (Canon's current successor to the i550) is
    >$150Cdn,

    under $70 US but the IP4000 is a better value for $100.00 on sale with
    rebate

    >and you can still find i560s (the i550's immediate successor)
    >on the shelves for less than $100Cdn.
    >
    >MCheu

    Try this - http://www.neilslade.com/papers/inkjetstuff.html .It worked
    for me.

    Burt wrote:

    > Try this - http://www.neilslade.com/papers/inkjetstuff.html .It
    > worked for me.
    >
    > "Rein Wiehler" <rwiehler@netscape.net> wrote in message
    > > Burt wrote:
    > >
    > >> I've read posts that ebay is the place to look for good prices on
    > >> replacement Canon printheads, but Measekite is probably right -
    > check >> the prices - probably not cost effective. BTW, what is the
    > problem? >> Are you sure the head is dead? If jets are clogged you
    > may be able >> to fix it yourself. Check the print head cleaning
    > information on >> www.neilslade.com/papers/inkjetstuff if you think
    > that is the >> problem.
    > > >
    > >> "Tomek" <t.d.w@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    > couldn't >> > find one
    > >> >

    > > www.neilslade.com/papers/inkjetstuff
    > > invalid url

    thanks, it worked

    I found from Canon the printhead is $60 Cdn. (+tax). No 100% guarantee it
    will fix the problem though. Add a set of cartridges ~$56 compatible, ~80
    original, makes total of 116 to 140. I think I saw IP3000 for $149,
    original cartridges included, probably best solution. Should last another 2
    years or so ;-).

    Thanks for all your input,
    Tomek

    > MCheu wrote:
    >
    > >On Tue, 3 May 2005 00:05:43 -0400, "Tomek" <t.d.w@sympatico.ca> wrote:
    > >

    > >>Where can one get the replacement head for Canon i550? I couldn't find
    one
    > >>in stores.
    > >>TIA
    > >>Tomek
    > >>

    > >I think you have to order it from Canon. The print head for the newer
    > >(and sort of new) Canon printers isn't an over the counter item.
    > >
    > >When you finally track one down, you might keel over at the price tag,
    > >as it's about $75US (approx $105Cdn). For perspective, the typical
    > >price tag of the iP3000 (Canon's current successor to the i550) is
    > >$150Cdn,
    > >
    > under $70 US but the IP4000 is a better value for $100.00 on sale with
    > rebate
    >
    > >and you can still find i560s (the i550's immediate successor)
    > >on the shelves for less than $100Cdn.
    > >
    > >MCheu

Printers Canon Peripherals