Strategies for disabling Internet Explorer but keeping scr..

I, like most admins, despise having to maintain Internet Explorer, so I
have made it my new mission to rid my network entirely of its use,
deploying the mighty FireFox as a replacement.

However, I have run into some problems with some custom JScripts that I
have written for my users to do some tasks like create folders, etc.

When I make a GPO that makes Internet Explorer use High Security for
the Internet zone it breaks these scripts -- particularly the ones that
prompt using the VB call InputBox().

If I could just somehow put a *.* in Restricted Sites I assume this
would work to block all people from web browsing with IE, but I can't
do that for some reason.

Any ideas on how to disable IE?

Thanks,

Bill

Firstly, as an ASP.Net programmer, I love the flexibility and control that
IE affords... But as in everything, there is an upside and a downside. I
can see why some would want to disable it, just make sure that you don't
have your propeller beanie on too tight.

You can disable IE globally for you domain by setting a false proxy. In the
GPO settings for the domain in the IE settings configure an Internet proxy
to 0.0.0.0. This will send the Internet Connection Manager to send IE
connections nowhere. This *shouldn't* effect FireFox connections, but
you'll want to test this thoroughly in case they decided to use the ICM for
some reason.

--
Ryan Hanisco
MCSE, MCDBA