AWOL travel guide in Ald'ruhn Mage Guild

Anyone besides me see the Guild Guide in Ald'ruhn disappear midway
into the game?

The effect is that you can transport into Ald'ruhn but NOT transport
out via the Mage Guild. Very strange...

On 29 Jun 2004 18:07:44 -0700, von.sagrillo@verizon.net (DeAnn) wrote:

>RA usually works, but NOT if the NPC died when they fell through the
>floor. I had the Orc in Balmora gone, RA'd, and saw her appear before
>me, only to fall through the floor again. Alas, she died, and RA did
>not work a second time. I think the patches have fixed this a lot, so
>if you haven't pathched your game, you might try that.

I don't know what the problem was in my case but it wasn't that.
Anybody know whether the placeatpc method will work for Gentleman Jim
or Eno Hlaalu once you become guild master of their respective guilds?

I would REALLY like to finish the 26 Threads of Mephala quest - I've
never gotten more than 18 of them before he scuppers off. If you do
the quests in the right sequence do you get directed to each of them
the way you did with that female mage in Pelagiad? I mean, I've seen
walkthroughs saying where all the parts are but a couple of them are
with townspeople and I don't want to butcher an entire town just to
get a "thread" - I bet I could but I don't want to!

"Akatosh Dragon" <games@danprofit.com> wrote in message

> the placeatpc command will place him/her where
> you want him to be. The npc that appears will, however,
> be a clone, so if it is a companion, his inventory will
> be empty, and his stats will have returned to default
> values

still struggling, do I just type placeatpc or is there more to it than that.
Has anyone else had the problem of gentleman jim, the head of the thieves
guild, disapearing from his room behind the bookstore in vivec after he
sends you out on his first quest?
Thanks

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 18:20:19 +0000 (UTC), mark foster
<mark.nospamfoster3@btinternet.com> wrote:

> "Akatosh Dragon" <games@danprofit.com> wrote in message
>>

>> the placeatpc command will place him/her where
>> you want him to be. The npc that appears will, however,
>> be a clone, so if it is a companion, his inventory will
>> be empty, and his stats will have returned to default
>> values
>>
> still struggling, do I just type placeatpc or is there more to it than
> that.

The console command for (temporarily) bringing back Jim Stacey is

placeatpc stacey 1,1,1

explanation:
placeatpc: the command
stacey: the ID used for Gentleman Jim Stacey
first 1: number of items to be placed (we just want one Jim Stacey)
second 1: distance of the placed object to the player
third 1: direction in which the object is placed (1=in front of you)

> Has anyone else had the problem of gentleman jim, the head of the thieves
> guild, disapearing from his room behind the bookstore in vivec after he
> sends you out on his first quest?

Yes, I had that problem, too. When you complete his last quest, an internal
variable switches, so he won't show up again. In fact, the command given
above doesn't change this variable, so you will have to type it every time
you enter Jim Stacey's room.

Hope that helps
Bjoern

"Bjoern Liffers" <bjoernhenning.liffers@dialup.fh-aachen.de> wrote in
message news:eek:psae8o21d036b7o@News.CIS.DFN.DE...

> Yes, I had that problem, too. When you complete his last quest, an
internal
> variable switches, so he won't show up again. In fact, the command given
> above doesn't change this variable, so you will have to type it every time
> you enter Jim Stacey's room.

thanks the help, I'll give it a go now