Firewall Ports to open

I have a DC on our DMZ zone which is not a GC. When users from main domain
login, they are OK. When users from sub-domain login, they get an error
message. My suspect is that the DC is trying to contact a GC but is block by
the firewall. Can anyone tell me which ports to open on the firewall for
this to work. Thanks.

You would be better off making the dmz dc a gc.

But look these over
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;154596

http://www.microsoft.com/serviceproviders/columns/config_ipsec_P63623.asp

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/179442

"cjc" <cjc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a DC on our DMZ zone which is not a GC. When users from main
domain
> login, they are OK. When users from sub-domain login, they get an error
> message. My suspect is that the DC is trying to contact a GC but is block
by
> the firewall. Can anyone tell me which ports to open on the firewall for
> this to work. Thanks.

Thanks, Paul. I'll try to promote it to a GC.

"Paul Bergson" wrote:

> You would be better off making the dmz dc a gc.
>
> But look these over
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;154596
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/serviceproviders/columns/config_ipsec_P63623.asp
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/179442
>
> --
>
> Paul Bergson MCT, MCSE, MCSA, CNE, CNA, CCA

> "cjc" <cjc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have a DC on our DMZ zone which is not a GC. When users from main
> domain
> > login, they are OK. When users from sub-domain login, they get an error
> > message. My suspect is that the DC is trying to contact a GC but is block
> by
> > the firewall. Can anyone tell me which ports to open on the firewall for
> > this to work. Thanks.

TRENDING THREADS