Can you recommend a printer...

My rather old HP 895cxi seems to have developed a mechanical fault. If I
can't fix it I'll need to replace it but what would you recommend given
that....

* I have an Epson 2200 for photo printing
* It will be used daily for general printing and letters
* Only need basic colour capability.
* Prefer heads built into the cart
* Would like to continue to refill the carts without chip
resetting if that's possible?
* Prefer a front loading paper tray
* Would like to print on A4 envelopes
that are slightly wider than A4 paper
* It will be installed as a shared printer and may be
used by children as well.

or should I really be looking at a colour laser printer?

Thanks

On Tue, 03 May 2005 09:12:49 GMT, "CWatters"
<colin.watters@pandoraBOX.be> wrote:

>My rather old HP 895cxi seems to have developed a mechanical fault. If I
>can't fix it I'll need to replace it but what would you recommend given
>that....

We currently have an HP 990cxi and a Samsung B&W laser. When one or
the other dies we're going to get as colour laser. It's far better
for office work and will work out cheaper than having two printers.

--

Hecate - The Real One
Hecate@newsguy.com

Hecate wrote:

>On Tue, 03 May 2005 09:12:49 GMT, "CWatters"
><colin.watters@pandoraBOX.be> wrote:
>

>>My rather old HP 895cxi seems to have developed a mechanical fault. If I
>>can't fix it I'll need to replace it but what would you recommend given
>>that....
>>

>We currently have an HP 990cxi and a Samsung B&W laser.

The 990 is a fabulous business printer.

>When one or
>the other dies we're going to get as colour laser. It's far better
>for office work and will work out cheaper than having two printers.
>
> --
>
>Hecate - The Real One
>Hecate@newsguy.com
>Fashion: Buying things you don't need, with money
>you don't have, to impress people you don't like...

I like my HP Deskjet 6122. Uses the big 45 cartridge with the built-in
printhead. Does duplex printing. Good color printing. Very fast. My old,
reliable workhorse. About $ 100 at eBay.

--

Walter
The Happy Iconoclast www.rationality.net

> >We currently have an HP 990cxi and a Samsung B&W laser.
> >

> The 990 is a fabulous business printer.

Unfortunately the HP web site says the 990 series has been discontinued and
their web site doesn't suggest a replacement from their huge range of nearly
identical printers.

That would have been ideal as it takes the same HP23 and 43 carts as the HP
895cxi and I have several new ones.

CWatters wrote:

> > >We currently have an HP 990cxi and a Samsung B&W laser.
>

>>The 990 is a fabulous business printer.
>>

>Unfortunately the HP web site says the 990 series has been discontinued and
>their web site doesn't suggest a replacement from their huge range of nearly
>identical printers.
>
>That would have been ideal as it takes the same HP23 and 43 carts as the HP
>895cxi and I have several new ones.

The HP990 takes HP45 Black and HP78 Color Carts.

> The HP990 takes HP45 Black and HP78 Color Carts.

That will teach me to post in a hurry. The ones I have left from the 895 are
HP45 and 23

"Walter R." <wer25@example.com> wrote in message
> I like my HP Deskjet 6122. Uses the big 45 cartridge with the built-in
> printhead. Does duplex printing. Good color printing. Very fast. My old,
> reliable workhorse. About $ 100 at eBay.

I read somewhere that HP claim roughly the same number of pages from the HP
45-42ml cart as they do the newer HP 96-21ml carts.

Looks like I'm probably going to opt for the HP 6840. Perhaps not the best
bang per buck but seems to be a good solid model.

If you've got one of these let me know whet you like/hate.

Thanks

On Wed, 04 May 2005 08:03:38 GMT, "Walter R." <wer25@example.com> wrote:

>I like my HP Deskjet 6122. Uses the big 45 cartridge with the built-in
>printhead. Does duplex printing. Good color printing. Very fast. My old,
>reliable workhorse. About $ 100 at eBay.

And the dearest to run..