DVD player

I was trying to play a DVD and the media player said that I needed a decoder.
I then downloaded one of the decoders that XP recommended. I am able to start
playing a DVD, but without the picture, just the sound. What do I do to get
the picture and the sound?
1 answer Last reply
More about player

    Get all the codec required. Also, is this a commercial DVD
    and if so how was it encoded?

    "Jared Litke" <Jared Litke@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
    in message
    |I was trying to play a DVD and the media player said that I
    needed a decoder.
    | I then downloaded one of the decoders that XP recommended.
    I am able to start
    | playing a DVD, but without the picture, just the sound.
    What do I do to get
    | the picture and the sound?

DVD DVD Players Windows XP