Lian Li PC-60's Case Price Difference?

vsamaco

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2006
I was looking over the Lian Li cases, and noticed all the different versions of pc-60's.

The one that I found a very good review was the pc-60aplusII for $125. This has x2 120mm and x2 80mm fans. Yet there is only 9 reviews.

Then there are many reviews for the pc-60usb for $99. This has x4 80mm fan but doesn't have front audio/firewire. Wondering why the high number of reviews for this cheaper model, if reviews did matter.

Also I am confused with this model, pc-60plusII W for $113. Usually its extra for window option, but whats missing/different on this model versus the non window? Or is having a window for this model bad?

If I could get over the 16.5kg for thermaltake armor or $180 aluminum only, I'd take that instead...

wun911

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2006
Lian li will pawn any TT case.....

There is sometimes a price diff based on colour Black is generally a couple of dollars more expenisve...

The price diff on your two PC 60s is due to the extra fans that the II version has.... If you had to purchase these extra fans aftermarket cost is around 35 Aus.

Generally you dont need the extra fan but it helps cool your GPU.

pengwin

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2006
Lian li will pawn any TT case.....

There is sometimes a price diff based on colour Black is generally a couple of dollars more expenisve...

The price diff on your two PC 60s is due to the extra fans that the II version has.... If you had to purchase these extra fans aftermarket cost is around 35 Aus.

Generally you dont need the extra fan but it helps cool your GPU.

get the PC-60PlusII, that is better.

also

i would recommend the Tt armor, good case, roomy. better airflow than the lian li.

waylander

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2004
The PC-60BplusII has excellent air flow...

He didn't say it had bad air flow, just that the armor had better.

I've got the armor myself and it does have good air flow, besides, the lian-li's i find are a bit pricey (yes I know those of you who say you get what you pay for) but since I was water cooling and wanted to put the 2 x 120mm rad inside the case I was deciding between the armor and stacker.

RichPLS

Champion
well engineered compactness is sweet too...
I have 5 hard drives, a 12volt water pump with reservoir, a X1800XT, a TV Wonder Elite, 5 fans, DVD burner, LIS2 LCD 5.5" bay controller, a LianLi 3.5" bay monitor, a 3.5" PCMCIA reader, and 4x512MB RAM all in my PC-60IIBplus case!
and still room to add more with 2 free 5.5" bays...

RichPLS

Champion
IMG_0819.jpg

wun911

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2006
Wow Lian Li + water now thats cool

I do agree with the penguin..... if you want a roomy case get a cheat TT stacker or something....

But lian li also makes roomy cases PC V 2000s are as big as any case ive seen so far...

vsamaco

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2006
Thanks for the advice! Lian's are very elegant, though press for Thermaltake Armor are just so hard to ignore. I am one of those people who drool over case windows and lights, and the armor has all those fancy features at a nice price after rebates on newegg.

I am trying to think of reasons why I would want a lighter case. Most of the time, my desktop just sits in my room. I sometimes will bring my computer back home during break, but I would just need to move it to my car. So despite the 35+lbs of armor, I think I can manage that. Space isn't much of an issue, so I should be able to manage a tower.

Since my apartment has crappy a/c, so good air flow is a must. I am assuming sound for either case is minimal, especially using 120mm fans. My current system isn't the quiet type, having 4 80mm fans. Already had to replace 3of4 fans. But overtime, I've gotten used to the noise. The new case will probably spoil me. :)

Another plus with thermaltake was the usb/audio/fire ports being on top. I find it inconvenient plugging my headset making sure I match the colours right where the ports on bottom of case.

I'm sure either case would please me, but armor seem to best fit my preferences.

deweycd

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2005
Both cases are good, the lian and tt, but it also comes down to preference and what you want to put in it. I find that many of the lian cases are too small and you just can't get everything you need into them.