g7 limited edition laser mouse - wot gives?

elmes100

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2006
Hi, really wanna get hold of this mouse, so I ordered it on ebuyer who a week later after several calls said it's NOW out of stock (although their stock level still shows 4 and my mate who I recommended it to ordered his 2 days later and it's been dispatched grrrrrr).

Here's the link
http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/107786

Then I find this at scratchcomputers:
http://www.scratchcomputers.com/product_info.php?products_id=3667

Anyone spotted they're both running identical ad that says they have teamed up with logitech exclusively?

I phoned logitech and they said they don't know of a special edition mouse exclusive to uk but the one I describe is freely available in the U.S. (only).

Anyone have any insights as to wot gives - surely one of em is telling porkies (or probably both knowing their reputations).

yeason

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2006
Being a US buyer I've seen that mouse all over the place. As far as things go it's not a "special edition" here, however I can't say what's going on in another country.

Good luck!

waylander

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2004
I think that what is happening is that particular style of the G7 was only released in the US so if someone is importing them from a US wholesaler then they would indeed be "special edition" to the UK buyers.

Logitech probably has nothing to do with it.

FITCamaro

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2006
Oh, noes, its a Logitech, youre better off selling it to someone for a small profit.

And? I have a wireless keyboard and optical mouse combo from Logitech thats over 2 years old and both perform flawlessly. Use both for games too. No problems.

elmes100

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2006
It's the Black version with LAN case. I think the LAN case is wot they mean by Limited Edition version.

My point about this thread is that they both say they have have teamed up exclusively with Logitech to sell 500 units in UK. You can see one has blatently copied the others page (even same bold font and same words)?

Logitech say they have no details of Black G7's being available at all in UK.

So I guess I just wanted a rant that ebuyer and scratch are up to something dodgy?

PS. Can someone tell me where I can buy a black G7 (eg. a U.S site that ships to uk that is reliable unlike ebuyer. Don't say ebay...
Thanks...

waylander

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2004
Please read the post again....

I think that what is happening is that particular style of the G7 was only released in the US so if someone is importing them from a US wholesaler then they would indeed be "special edition" to the UK buyers.

Logitech probably has nothing to do with it.

Oh, noes, its a Logitech, youre better off selling it to someone for a small profit.

I never said it wasn't a logitech, I said that logitech had nothing to do with it (it is the importing to europe).

and wtf is a "noes" is that more than one nose?

Weirdo

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2006
I am not a 100% sure these two ship to UK but you can try
Tiger Direct (but i cant find the black G7... only the green on there)
or
NewEgg which has the black G7

Only 2 weeks ago, I got my order of a black G7 (or as some has called it a G7 SE) and a G15 keyboard. When I first told people i spent $60 on a mouse, they laughed and thought i was stupid, then when i got it, i let some of them use it for a few minutes, they quickly changed their opinion and 2 of them have ordered ones for themselves.

floge03

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2006
The black g7 you guys have linked to on newegg is not the "new special edition" That mouse has been on newegg for the past 6 months. The difference between that mouse on newegg and the "new special edition" is the one on newegg has a tilt wheel :(. The original green g7 and the new black g7 have a wheel, NOT A TILT WHEEL.

I have yet to find the "new special edition" black g7 anywhere, but on Logitech's website. New Special Edition G7 on Logitech's Website As you can see by the pictures, the new special edition g7 mouse does NOT have a tilt wheel, but rather a scrolling wheel.

elmes100

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2006
Thanks Wierdo, unfortunately:
Newegg.com does not currently ship internationally; we only deliver to locations within the United States and to Puerto Rico.

Send me one and I'll buy you a drink?

Weirdo

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2006
The black g7 you guys have linked to on newegg is not the "new special edition" That mouse has been on newegg for the past 6 months. The difference between that mouse on newegg and the "new special edition" is the one on newegg has a tilt wheel :(. The original green g7 and the new black g7 have a wheel, NOT A TILT WHEEL.

I have yet to find the "new special edition" black g7 anywhere, but on Logitech's website. New Special Edition G7 on Logitech's Website As you can see by the pictures, the new special edition g7 mouse does NOT have a tilt wheel, but rather a scrolling wheel.

Thats the only kind of Black G7 on newegg, is the one with the tilt wheel. As far as the green one having one or not, i dont care, i hate the green color ;)