user administrative rights on local pc

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
March 15, 2005 10:47:07 AM

Hi,
just installed test AD. Logged in as AD user and cannot install programs.
I want to know how to give to a user administrator rights on workstation
when log in to AD.
I created GPO in MMC and cannot find a way how to do that.
Thanks.
Michael.
Anonymous
March 15, 2005 9:52:58 PM

MLA! wrote:
> Hi,
> just installed test AD. Logged in as AD user and cannot install programs.
> I want to know how to give to a user administrator rights on workstation
> when log in to AD.
> I created GPO in MMC and cannot find a way how to do that.

Just answered to similiar question few posts below. You can use
restricted groups:
http://www.windowsecurity.com/articles/Using-Restricted...
http://www.computerperformance.co.uk/w2k3/gp/group_poli...

Tomasz Onyszko [MVP]