user administrative rights on local pc

Hi,
just installed test AD. Logged in as AD user and cannot install programs.
I want to know how to give to a user administrator rights on workstation
when log in to AD.
I created GPO in MMC and cannot find a way how to do that.
Thanks.
Michael.
1 answer Last reply
More about user administrative rights local

    MLA! wrote:
    > Hi,
    > just installed test AD. Logged in as AD user and cannot install programs.
    > I want to know how to give to a user administrator rights on workstation
    > when log in to AD.
    > I created GPO in MMC and cannot find a way how to do that.

    Just answered to similiar question few posts below. You can use
    restricted groups:
    http://www.windowsecurity.com/articles/Using-Restricted-Groups.html
    http://www.computerperformance.co.uk/w2k3/gp/group_policy_security_restricted_group.htm
    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/sag_scerestrictgroups.mspx