Enable install rights to user for local machine via GPO?

What is the easiest way for users that log in to a win2k domain to be able
to install programs on their local PC's? Right now I am going to the
local group policy and add the domain user to the local Administrators group
to accomplish this.

Is there any way to accomplish this with a Group Policy from the DC?
Thanks,

Scotty
2 answers Last reply
More about enable install rights user local machine

    Preacher Man wrote:
    > What is the easiest way for users that log in to a win2k domain to be able
    > to install programs on their local PC's? Right now I am going to the
    > local group policy and add the domain user to the local Administrators group
    > to accomplish this.
    >
    > Is there any way to accomplish this with a Group Policy from the DC?
    > Thanks,

    There is no setting like "Install software right" - Power Users rigths
    should be sufficient to install most of the software, in some cases
    Administrator priviledges are needed.

    To add users to proper group using GPO You can use restricted Groups
    feature:
    http://www.windowsecurity.com/articles/Using-Restricted-Groups.html
    http://www.computerperformance.co.uk/w2k3/gp/group_policy_security_restricted_group.htm
    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/sag_scerestrictgroups.mspx

    --
    Tomasz Onyszko [MVP]
    T.Onyszko@w2k.pl

    Make the domain account a local admin or power user through contol panel
    users on the local machine. This is only possible if the computer is joined
    to the domain and the account is already created in the directory.

    "Preacher Man" wrote:

    > What is the easiest way for users that log in to a win2k domain to be able
    > to install programs on their local PC's? Right now I am going to the
    > local group policy and add the domain user to the local Administrators group
    > to accomplish this.
    >
    > Is there any way to accomplish this with a Group Policy from the DC?
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Scotty

Policy Domain Active Directory Windows