Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Integrated Nvidia NIC - Broadcom AC131 10/100 -- HELP

Last response: in Components
July 10, 2006 5:31:08 PM

Bought a retail gateway to use as a small, temporary server for our company. Installed Server 2003 Enterprise on it, but the network driver won't load. I have tried every driver that I could find as far as from gateway, nvidia, broadcom and generics. Has anyone else has this problem. The thing just won't accept drivers. Thanks
July 13, 2006 3:04:45 AM

Assuming you're running 32-bit 2003, did you try the following (or similar) nForce drivers?

http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_nf4_430_410_winxp32...

The 64-bit drivers are here:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_nf4_430_410_winxp64...

(I'm just guessing that you have an nForce 6100/410 board -- you should select the appropriate combination of nVidia chipset and OS. Perhaps SiS Sandra or some other utility could tell you the underlying HW details.)

I'm running 2003 x64 on a 6150/430 board with the version 8.26 XP-64 drivers and it's fine.
July 25, 2006 4:30:09 PM

Update

I tried those drivers and they did not fix my integrated ethernet problem. Those chipset drivers fixed everything except the ethernet. I ended up going and buying a PCI ethernet card, plug and play, and it was good to go. Did this on three servers. I have a feeling that it will never work, but I guess that's what happens when you put an OS that isn't supported on a PC.
Related resources
September 30, 2009 9:30:47 PM

Burnsie said:
Update

I tried those drivers and they did not fix my integrated ethernet problem. Those chipset drivers fixed everything except the ethernet. I ended up going and buying a PCI ethernet card, plug and play, and it was good to go. Did this on three servers. I have a feeling that it will never work, but I guess that's what happens when you put an OS that isn't supported on a PC.

6 months later, I know, but I bought an ECS board that was based on this chipset. Those drivers don't work on a standard XP deployment either.

I noticed ex post facto that the board had been discontinued. I wonder if their failure to deliver a working Ethernet driver had anything to do with it.

I also notice that on ECS's site, they list 4 different ethernet driver packs, two by Realtek and two by nVidia - apparently they don't know what works on it either. *facepalm*

All this because I wanted an easy integrated video chipset on a cheap AMD board to keep me competitive with the big-box stores. Well, at least that part worked.
a c 171 Î Nvidia
October 1, 2009 2:07:23 AM

griffin8r said:
6 months later, I know, but I bought an ECS board that was based on this chipset. Those drivers don't work on a standard XP deployment either.

I noticed ex post facto that the board had been discontinued. I wonder if their failure to deliver a working Ethernet driver had anything to do with it.

I also notice that on ECS's site, they list 4 different ethernet driver packs, two by Realtek and two by nVidia - apparently they don't know what works on it either. *facepalm*

All this because I wanted an easy integrated video chipset on a cheap AMD board to keep me competitive with the big-box stores. Well, at least that part worked.

Er, more like three years.
!