Realistic AMD predictions for 2006-2010

LordPope

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2006
have done alot of digging....

and AMD has no answer for the CORE 2 as of now

4x4 is proof of this.... this is just a face saving manuever to get hardcore AMD fanbois with the cash to buy an AMD that will rule in some tests.

AMD is slow with .65 tech..

AMD will be able to battle INTEL on mid to high level on the server side ...but thats about it.

dekstop side is lost to the CORE 2 DUO hordes

AMD will still be behind the eight ball on most fronts....AMD will slash prices deep... with no answer to CONROE other than a ridicoulously costly 4x4 setup.

there will be no K8L saviour in 07. not on the desktop side anyway

Intel should pretty much run unabaited through 2007.... AMD has no real answer.

Enter AMD's answer... the long awaited K8L

will it be enough.... AMD will not be resting on its laurels waiting on the K8L to come knocking... CORE 2 DUO will be stronger

and @ 45um

For the forseeable future its an INTEL world

K10 is born.... no further info

45nm Conroe

Nehalem - Conroe's successor

32nm Nehalem

Nehalem's successor will appear.

The End Of The World

Based on the predictions of Nostradamus as of now... WorldWar 3 is most likely to happen around 2011~2012. Until then both the communities... the Christians and the followers of the Islamic dharma are silently in preparation.

A rise in the level of waters around 10~12 feet in the seas and the oceans is predicted in World War 3. The radio active vapors would result in melting of the Arctic ice on an unprecedented scale. World War 3 would result in countries like Australia almost getting wiped out from the face of the Earth. World War 3 would result in waves raising to a height of 1000 feet... something unheard of!

cryogenic

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2006
Realistic my ass! Who are you to judge how are thins going to happen based on some stupid outside news. Intel seems to have conquered the world already with a processor wich isn't even in stores. AMD shud just quit making procesors by now. They are plain fools not to lissen to geniuses like yourself, and find some other business like weaving.

Now cut on that crack you just smoked, wake up, and get a life, man!

m25

Distinguished
May 23, 2006
Heh, where've U got the crystal ball man; got an exam this week end, just want to see how it ends. Feet on the ground!

LordPope

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2006
i have been accused of being the KING OF THE AMD fan bois

now when i make a realistic view of what AMD will have in the pipe

i am attacked

amazing

Viperabyss

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2006
i have been accused of being the KING OF THE AMD fan bois

now when i make a realistic view of what AMD will have in the pipe

i am attacked

amazing

i think its your wording.

since everything about the future is speculative, you shouldn't say "the realistic view of AMD's future", because no one knows for certain. even though there are release date, but it doesn't mean AMD will definately release the product right on the date they promised.

however, you can say, "my opinionated view of AMD's future".

brainysmurf

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2006
Intel's roadmap is ambitious and aggressive, by their own admission.
The giant has woken from its slumber, it has reorganized priorities and is presumed to be investing heavily in research and development.
But that's no guarantee that Intel will be able to hit each and every one of its development targets on the bullseye.
Maybe they will, maybe they won't. But I think it's foolhardy to take all of Intel's target dates as "done deals."
Some may not even be achievable. But it looks good on paper. Helps settle down the investors, you know?

RichPLS

Champion
No they won't hit every target projection, but at least they are projecting!
This does instill confidence from investors, and it bolsters that confidence when those targets are met...
AMD on the other hand seems to be producing BS projections and fluff like RHT, so when the time is right they will consume Conroe... :roll:
BS projections in the face of stiff competition with no working samples or even detailed schematics makes investors leary...
Combine that with reducing retail pricing and a drop in market share and the picture starts to get ugly, and quickly...

BaronMatrix

Splendid
Dec 14, 2005
have done alot of digging....

and AMD has no answer for the CORE 2 as of now

4x4 is proof of this.... this is just a face saving manuever to get hardcore AMD fanbois with the cash to buy an AMD that will rule in some tests.

AMD is slow with .65 tech..

AMD will be able to battle INTEL on mid to high level on the server side ...but thats about it.

dekstop side is lost to the CORE 2 DUO hordes

AMD will still be behind the eight ball on most fronts....AMD will slash prices deep... with no answer to CONROE other than a ridicoulously costly 4x4 setup.

there will be no K8L saviour in 07. not on the desktop side anyway

Intel should pretty much run unabaited through 2007.... AMD has no real answer.

Enter AMD's answer... the long awaited K8L

will it be enough.... AMD will not be resting on its laurels waiting on the K8L to come knocking... CORE 2 DUO will be stronger

and @ 45um

For the forseeable future its an INTEL world

K10 is born.... no further info

What you seem to forget is that AMD always concentrates on SERVER first. That's why Woodcrest won't even TRY 4Way. Also, why drop prices? Core 2 won't ame a splash until next year and if AMD continues their mad power cutting they will be at 30W for special case mid2007 chips and all by the end of next year.

power consideratiosn will help AMD through this. There are still millions of NetBust chips out there and now no one really wants them.

I won't speculate as to what chip they'll release when but I wll say that Intel better enjoy the lead while they can. I'm confident that AMD is not concerned about top performance right now except in high end servers.

Remember that K8 was Opteron first. that's why I had no troubl believing K8L would be next year. the smart move woul dbe to design thsi new arch around 45nm an intro the 65nm L next year. It's not like it won't be worth anything in 08.

09 will see 8 core Opteron based on DeerHound with HT4 at 10.4 Gt/s. we'll see though.

I don't think they should try to match Intel's 2year core timetable. Just continue to make good partnerships ( especially by not buying or merging with ATi) and execute in their roadmap.

I've said ti before and I'll say it again Intel had more than two years with CRAP, AMD gets two years, though K8 isn't crap.

LordPope

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2006
If AMD and ATI have merged as reports say

then that changes the whole game

it would even make sense that AMD is dragging its feet on new products due to the Ati tie up...

i will say this ...and i have said many times...IF AMD-ATi merge ..then it means they going for INTELS throat...

they can afford to loose ground now for that long term goal ....

m25

Distinguished
May 23, 2006
The giant has woken from its slumber, it has reorganized priorities and is presumed to be investing heavily in research and development.
But that's no guarantee that Intel will be able to hit each and every one of its development targets on the bullseye.
Maybe they will, maybe they won't. But I think it's foolhardy to take all of Intel's target dates as "done deals."
Some may not even be achievable. But it looks good on paper. Helps settle down the investors, you know?

Guess you're right: getting to the 45 and 32 nm targets in not as easy as [year] - 45nm <ENTER> [year] - 32nm <ENTER> at these levels you can count interconnect atoms with your fingers.
At least after ages, Intel is going to sell something more than it's name and plain, stupid gigahertz ,but AMD is not longer the tiny dwarf and is holdong the pressure pretty well.

LordPope

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2006
i agree

and i stated ...AMD will be right there with INTEL on the server side

its the desktop side that will be in trouble for some time

and this is AMD predictions.... intel will f@()@ up... we all know that

but when?

BaronMatrix

Splendid
Dec 14, 2005
No they won't hit every target projection, but at least they are projecting!
This does instill confidence from investors, and it bolsters that confidence when those targets are met...
AMD on the other hand seems to be producing BS projections and fluff like RHT, so when the time is right they will consume Conroe... :roll:
BS projections in the face of stiff competition with no working samples or even detailed schematics makes investors leary...
Combine that with reducing retail pricing and a drop in market share and the picture starts to get ugly, and quickly...

Ummm, AMD NEVER mentioned this RHT thing. NEVER. that was the Inq and some others. When InStat reports then we can say they lost share. I don't think they will becuase THERE WILL NOT BE ENOUGH CORE 2 this year to affect AMD. it will affect PD though and PD will affect it.

I noticed you mentioned nothing about Intel's insane price drops. They're selling 805 for less than $100. X2 3600+ will take the air out of that and I predict that a $500 5000+ will make some real waves. Especially for lowend wksta.

m25

Distinguished
May 23, 2006
i agree

and i stated ...AMD will be right there with INTEL on the server side

its the desktop side that will be in trouble for some time

and this is AMD predictions.... intel will f@()@ up... we all know that

but when?

Desktop meant as high end but the middle (and value layer especially) will still be dominated by AMD, just because a conscious person / company williing to boy business/home ~$50 CPUs will opt for a sempron instead of a celeron and this is dead market for Intel because it has nothing at this price/performance ratio.

RichPLS

Champion
Baron, Intel can afford to reduce prices and still make employees and stockholders happy...
The same can not be said for AMD...

Use your analytical skills and look at what profits the two companies are reporting over the past several years, it will sink in soon enough...

Who cares?

According to this reliable source

World War 3 shall be a fight between Dharma (moral values) and Adharma (wicked tendencies). None of all over the world shall be able to escape the effects of World War 3. The catastrophe shall be of such a magnitude that 1200 million people will vanish in World War 3.

After World War 3 the population of the world shall be limited to 4800 million. Primarily, India and China would not be aggressively involved in World War 3. With a combined population of about 2000 million... it shall mean that apart from India and China... the whole world would be badly affected by World War 3.

Most of us are going to be dead anyway.

BaronMatrix

Splendid
Dec 14, 2005

it would even make sense that AMD is dragging its feet on new products due to the Ati tie up...

i will say this ...and i have said many times...IF AMD-ATi merge ..then it means they going for INTELS throat...

The ATi deal will AMD more because intel won't see it as them going for their throat BUT NVIDIA SURE WILL. nVidia made AMD with it's chipsets. That would make for alot of bad blood. BAD MOVE. they are in a great position now that Dell is selling Opteron. As people who wanted AMD AND Dell will demand desktops. That could mean 4% share INCREASE.

And HP is embracing the TurionX2 and it shoudl fit pretty well between Core and Core 2. AMDs long term goal is a FLEXIBLE platform based on the best ideas from the industry.

They dont' want to eclipse Intel, they just want to sell chips.

RichPLS

Champion

The ATi deal will AMD more because intel won't see it as them going for their throat BUT NVIDIA SURE WILL. nVidia made AMD with it's chipsets. That would make for alot of bad blood. BAD MOVE. they are in a great position now that Dell is selling Opteron. As people who wanted AMD AND Dell will demand desktops. That could mean 4% share INCREASE.

And HP is embracing the TurionX2 and it shoudl fit pretty well between Core and Core 2. AMDs long term goal is a FLEXIBLE platform based on the best ideas from the industry.

AMD doesn't want to eclipse Intel, they just want to sell chips... :lol: :lol:
That is BS and you know it... What you really mean is they can not eclipse Intel, and so will settle for please buy our chips even tho they are not the fastest nor cheapest!

brainhacked

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2006
Who cares?

According to this reliable source

World War 3 shall be a fight between Dharma (moral values) and Adharma (wicked tendencies). None of all over the world shall be able to escape the effects of World War 3. The catastrophe shall be of such a magnitude that 1200 million people will vanish in World War 3.

After World War 3 the population of the world shall be limited to 4800 million. Primarily, India and China would not be aggressively involved in World War 3. With a combined population of about 2000 million... it shall mean that apart from India and China... the whole world would be badly affected by World War 3.

Most of us are going to be dead anyway.

Time to start racking up charges on my credit cards.

BaronMatrix

Splendid
Dec 14, 2005
Baron, Intel can afford to reduce prices and still make employees and stockholders happy...
The same can not be said for AMD...

Use your analytical skills and look at what profits the two companies are reporting over the past several years, it will sink in soon enough...

Losing money is losing money. Why throw it away? The plan for releasing this chip SUCKS. NetBust will burn a huge hole in their pocket as it has already. AMD isn't competing with Core 2 NetBust is.

AMD is sitting off to the side increasing their profits and OEM support. I'm sure they realize what will keep them in the black and won't lower prices more than that.

They dont' really have to lower prices. I'd try a month without it and see what happens. I'll stillpay the same price for AM2 cause it's worth it not because it's faster or slower than Intel. besides, they have the retail low end market wrapped up tight.

All Intel can do is lose money this year. AMD will not lose as much (ratio)because they dont' have warehouses full of inventory that NO ONE WANTS.

How would you sell PD with core 2 out at such a good price. Anything below $100 is going to hurt (BAD) when talking about 40 million chips (estimate of Netbust stock) How will that please investors?

I mean I have I only seen ONE DUAL CORE PC in best Buy, etc (a 3800+) so Sempron wil continue to rule. X2 3600+ is my new recommendation for the low end.

theaxemaster

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2006
I've said it time and time again, AMD is a server chip company first and foremost. That's where the high margins are. High margins make investors happy. They're making 4 core chips to better compete in the 1P and 2P space with intel's upcoming offerings. They've got the 4P space locked up tight.

BaronMatrix

Splendid
Dec 14, 2005

AMD doesn't want to eclipse Intel, they just want to sell chips... :lol: :lol:
That is BS and you know it... What you really mean is they can not eclipse Intel, and so will settle for please buy our chips even tho they are not the fastest nor cheapest!

if more comapnies were happy with their Lot in life there woul dbe a lot less a-holes workig for them. yo don't have to run people out of busines to be in business. There are probably close to 1 BILLION PCs/Servers/Laptops in the world. More than one company can be in the billions($) supplying them. i dont' KNOW what AMD is thinkign but from what they say, they re just happy to provide the service they do. Sure who wouldn't want Intel's share but they can feed their families on what they make so that should be enough.

BaronMatrix

Splendid
Dec 14, 2005
When is AMD going to pull that rabbit out of their a$$e$?

That Reverse Hyper Threading should be getting the master switch flipped any day now, right? :lol: :lol:

Can you say Dell and HP and nVidia business platform?

How can Intel have been great in your eyes though they were getting their ass handed to them but now AMD is behind somewhat so they(AMD) shouldn't sell any?

You need help. Really.