G

www.pricecombat.com Visited this sight for the first time today, seems better than pricewatch... FYI

alphateam

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
better? There are like 6 companys. And its not half as easy to navigate. more site promos I guess

-Alpha
Sorry I missed church, I've been busy practicing witchcraft and becoming a lesbian.

ajmcgarry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Hmmm,
Everything is more expensive and there are a lot less companies. This is better why?

<font color=blue>Elephants are the only animals that can't jump. Just as well!</font color=blue>

G

Maybe they only pick out the top vendors. Or the vendors who pay the $$$.

I only steal the princess cause she is hot ;*)

ajmcgarry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Maybe they only pick out the top vendors. Or the vendors who pay the $$$.

Wouldn't the top vendors be the ones that sell more units at a lower price keeping the profit margin up, rather than the ones that sell at a higher price.

<font color=blue>Elephants are the only animals that can't jump. Just as well!</font color=blue>

peteb

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2001
no, unfortunately they tend to be the vendors with the best marketing, best name regocnition, or sometimes the best service, not always the best $$ cost price though. The top vendors will sell the most units at the higher price...

-* This Space For Rent *-
email for application details

G

It just so happened that I was looking for a duron 750, and it JUST SO HAPPENS that it is found cheaper on pricecombat than on pricewatch. So I say: "An alternative site, better for some things." Happy? : P

peteb

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2001
and what the hell are they doing to this poor cpu???
<A HREF="http://www.pricecombat.com/pcbuilder/image/pcbd0308.jpg" target="_new">http://www.pricecombat.com/pcbuilder/image/pcbd0308.jpg</A>

chrisojeda

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Don't let these guys sweat you on this...Thanks for posting an option. I think price watch has some of the best prices but I have found deals that were much better on occassion. I myself check many sites before I buy....

It worked yesterday! :lol:

Raystonn

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2001
Looks pretty self explanatory to me. You have put thermal grease/paste on a CPU before, haven't you?

-Raystonn

= The views stated herein are my personal views, and not necessarily the views of my employer. =

FUGGER

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Self explanitory 1" square pic.

Hard to tell how much thermal paste is actually on that AMD CPU but it looks like it needs a little more =)

Raystonn

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2001
That's how you put it on. You squeeze out more than you need, spread it around the whole surface, and slowly scrape off the excess, making sure the surface is not completely flat with a thin layer of the thermal paste. This is the best way to make sure the surface of the paste is completely flat.

-Raystonn

= The views stated herein are my personal views, and not necessarily the views of my employer. =

kurokaze

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2001
Well maybe for those no-name blister packs.. never
having used one of those I wouldn't know.

I use only Arctic silver.. and their instructions say:
"Start with a very small amount, about 1/2 the size of an uncooked grain of short-grain white rice or 1/4 of a BB"

Intel Components, AMD Components... all made in Taiwan!

Ncogneto

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Err, well that was about ten times ( maybe even more) to much. I think that is what he was refering to. That looks more like a thermal blanket!

A little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing!

peteb

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2001
Rayston, my point on this was that the chap has completely covered the die and everything out to the bridges. Their instructions writen (in bad English) state not to use too much as it will ooze out the side - they seem to be of the opinion that you should cover the entire CPU, ceramic, bridges and all with compound. I have laboured under the impression that doing this just makes a mess and you should just have an optimal interface quantity on the die itself....