How do I Get My Printer to Automatically Power Down?

Is there a driver setting or some software I can install to have my printer
turn off automatically? It's an Epson R300. On W2K and/or XP. If I forget to
turn it off the head starts to clog and I have to run cleaning cycles. It
seems the only way to switch it off is the power switch!!

Look at all of the posts telling people to buy a Canon IP4000. You do
not see these kinds of posts with that model.

Every time you turn the R300 off and on the printer will guzzle you ink.

Alan Smithee wrote:

>Is there a driver setting or some software I can install to have my printer
>turn off automatically? It's an Epson R300. On W2K and/or XP. If I forget to
>turn it off the head starts to clog and I have to run cleaning cycles. It
>seems the only way to switch it off is the power switch!!

BURT

That's not what the man asked, putz. Someone may know if the R300 print
head parks itself between print jobs, even when the power is on. I believe
that older printers only parked their heads in a way to prevent ink drying
when powered down, but newer ones park the head when not actually printing.
If this one parks between printjobs, his heads aren't clogging because of
the power staying on. Over time dried ink can accumulate under the print
head and then it more easily clogs the jets. Perhaps what he needs to do is
email Art Entlich ( e-printerhelp@mvps.org ) and ask for his head cleaning
manual. Since the man already owns the R300 there is no need to tell him
what (in your opinion) he should have purchased. Better to help him get the
best service from the printer he owns.

> Look at all of the posts telling people to buy a Canon IP4000. You do not
> see these kinds of posts with that model.
>
> Every time you turn the R300 off and on the printer will guzzle you ink.
>
> Alan Smithee wrote:
>
>>Is there a driver setting or some software I can install to have my
>>printer
>>turn off automatically? It's an Epson R300. On W2K and/or XP. If I forget
>>turn it off the head starts to clog and I have to run cleaning cycles. It
>>seems the only way to switch it off is the power switch!!

If you do not like what I say then you can stick it up your ass.

Burt wrote:

>That's not what the man asked, putz. Someone may know if the R300 print
>head parks itself between print jobs, even when the power is on. I believe
>that older printers only parked their heads in a way to prevent ink drying
>when powered down, but newer ones park the head when not actually printing.
>If this one parks between printjobs, his heads aren't clogging because of
>the power staying on. Over time dried ink can accumulate under the print
>head and then it more easily clogs the jets. Perhaps what he needs to do is
>email Art Entlich ( e-printerhelp@mvps.org ) and ask for his head cleaning
>manual. Since the man already owns the R300 there is no need to tell him
>what (in your opinion) he should have purchased. Better to help him get the
>best service from the printer he owns.

>>Look at all of the posts telling people to buy a Canon IP4000. You do not
>>see these kinds of posts with that model.
>>
>>Every time you turn the R300 off and on the printer will guzzle you ink.
>>
>>Alan Smithee wrote:
>>

>>>Is there a driver setting or some software I can install to have my
>>>printer
>>>turn off automatically? It's an Epson R300. On W2K and/or XP. If I forget
>>>turn it off the head starts to clog and I have to run cleaning cycles. It
>>>seems the only way to switch it off is the power switch!!

> Look at all of the posts telling people to buy a Canon IP4000. You do not
> see these kinds of posts with that model.
>
> Every time you turn the R300 off and on the printer will guzzle you ink.

No it doesn't. You've obviously no idea - but then you've never been near an
R300 let alone know anything about them.

"Burt" <sfbjgNOSPAM@pacbell.net> wrote in message
> That's not what the man asked, putz. Someone may know if the R300 print
> head parks itself between print jobs, even when the power is on.

It does, after about 20 seconds of inactivity the heads will be parked and
capped.

Ivor Floppy wrote:

>>Look at all of the posts telling people to buy a Canon IP4000. You do not
>>see these kinds of posts with that model.
>>
>>Every time you turn the R300 off and on the printer will guzzle you ink.
>>

>No it doesn't. You've obviously no idea - but then you've never been near an
>R300 let alone know anything about them.

The Epson Factory Rep says so. But you and your buddies think you know
more than he does.

measekite wrote:

> Look at all of the posts telling people to buy a Canon IP4000.

The only problem is all those postings are from one person... you!

I'm pretty sure Canon has only sold one IP4000 since it was released,
and you bought it ;-)

Are you sure it isn't a prototype? ;-)

Art

> Ivor Floppy wrote:
>
>>"measekite" <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>Look at all of the posts telling people to buy a Canon IP4000. You do
>>>not see these kinds of posts with that model.
>>>
>>>Every time you turn the R300 off and on the printer will guzzle you ink.
>>>

>>No it doesn't. You've obviously no idea - but then you've never been near
>>an R300 let alone know anything about them.
>>

> The Epson Factory Rep says so. But you and your buddies think you know
> more than he does.

We probably do, seeing as we have the items in front of us and can see them
in daily use.

Ivor Floppy wrote:

>>Ivor Floppy wrote:
>>

>>>"measekite" <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>>>No it doesn't. You've obviously no idea - but then you've never been near
>>>an R300 let alone know anything about them.
>>>

>>The Epson Factory Rep says so. But you and your buddies think you know
>>more than he does.
>>

>We probably do, seeing as we have the items in front of us and can see them
>in daily use.

Consider youself an exception =-O