Trust with 2k3 Server error

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
March 16, 2005 1:44:47 PM

I have a Windows 2000 DC running Exchange 2000 server. A DC in a new domain
running 2k3 server. When I try and establish a trust, "the RPC server is
unavailable". Yet the services are running on both machines.

Thanks

More about : trust 2k3 server error

Anonymous
March 16, 2005 10:20:28 PM

This is a DNS error.

In order to create a trust you need to be able to resolve (and contact) the
domain controllers in the foreign domain and the PDCe in the source domain.

This means the SRV records. Remember, a standard ping doesn't prove that
name resolution is working...

Configure a secondary DNS zone for the opposite domain's DNS zone in each
domain, and configure the DNS Suffix Search list to include both domain
names on the DCs and clients that will be using the trust.

For example, on the 2003 DC have a copy of the 2000 DNS zone, and
vice-versa.

--

Paul Williams

http://www.msresource.net/