I'm f*****g tired of waiting for the Conroe NDAs to expire !

symbi0nt

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2006
Feels like christmas eh? :lol:
I swear living in the computer hardware world makes your life go slower. Hell we're all waiting for those 32 core cpus in 2010 now - only 4 more years boys!

dalepw

Distinguished
May 13, 2006
What is the point of this?

Shareing his feelings.

O/T: Been missing the single word "word" posts from you spud, and the comical replies from your friend with the cat with the gun :D

grapz

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2006
how would the averge consumer , that cares about tech stuff like us, get our hands on a hot spicy Intel Conroe chip on the 14th? Is it paper launch or will it be avaiable in stores, a week later or months later?

and WHATS NDA

RichPLS

Champion
Intel's Non Disclosure Agreement expires on the 14th, and official release date of Conroe is the 23rd or 27th of this month...
After the NDA expires, testers of engineering samples of Conroe can share openly thier experience first hand with the public.

grapz

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2006
Intel's Non Disclosure Agreement expires on the 14th, and official release date of Conroe is the 23rd or 27th of this month...
After the NDA expires, testers of engineering samples of Conroe can share openly thier experience first hand with the public.

Official Release date. Does that mean that it'll be avaiable to the public? as in we can buy it from retailers?

RichPLS

Champion
Yes, but depending on demand, you may have to wait for your retailer to re-stock if they sell out quickly...
But Intel is indicating the largest tech rollout in history...

slim142

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2006
One question for you.

Only Major computer retailers will be able to sell conroe processors? Like tigerdirect? CompUsa? and all those stores? or every computer store?
Also What will happen if I call on July 20 a retail computer store to ask them if they are going to be selling conroe, will they tell me yes? or thats not confirmed yet? or what?

smallz

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2006
damnit im just waiting for it so that amd's prices will go down and i can get a good processor for around 100 dollars because IM POOR AND HAVE A 500 DOLLAR BUDGET! HURRY YOUR ASS UP INTEL

slim142

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2006
Wow dude whats up with that 500$ budget

Im not poor I dont want the WORSE! but at the same time im not millionare or rich and im not gonna get the BEST.

For Conroe Im gonna get the second best I think is called E6700 clocked at 2.67Ghz