new users with random passwords

I'm looking for the easiest way to add new users (about 2000) and give
them random passwords.

Since I don't know VB too well the way I add new users now is importing
them from an excel spreadsheet to create a batch file to be used with
ldifde which works great if you aren't worried about passwords.
However this year we want to give each new user a random password which
they will have to change at first login.

I know once you add the user you can then modify them but can you do
this to add a random password? I'm guessing I can create another
spreadsheet to import into a batch file which modifies all the new
users. Has anyone done this a simpler way?

Thanks for any ideas.

Dawn

There are a number of password generators out there. I would suggest doing
a search for one that meets your needs. Have a look at this one as a
starting point:

http://www.winguides.com/security/password.php

--
Ryan Hanisco
MCSE, MCDBA

<dbouton@fuse.net> wrote in message
> I'm looking for the easiest way to add new users (about 2000) and give
> them random passwords.
>
> Since I don't know VB too well the way I add new users now is importing
> them from an excel spreadsheet to create a batch file to be used with
> ldifde which works great if you aren't worried about passwords.
> However this year we want to give each new user a random password which
> they will have to change at first login.
>
> I know once you add the user you can then modify them but can you do
> this to add a random password? I'm guessing I can create another
> spreadsheet to import into a batch file which modifies all the new
> users. Has anyone done this a simpler way?
>
> Thanks for any ideas.
>
> Dawn

TRENDING THREADS