Seraches/Filters on Active Directory Objects

I'm trying to run a search on Active Directory computer objects on one list
so I can do a screen dump for my records. The criterial I enter using the
filter command under Users and Computers is Computer Name Starts With Con*
which displays all computers starting with Con. I then try to add an
addition filter computer name is exactly Scan10. Is their anyway to have
this behave as an or statement rather than it has to hold both conditions to
be true.

George

You should be using either LDIFDE or CSVDE. You can use many different
criteria to filter your results. Here are some links that discuss how to use
the tools.
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/home/using/productdoc/en/default.asp?url=/windowsxp/home/using/productdoc/en/csvde.asp
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory/browse_thread/thread/d895a7b2310aefae/0367b8b579d62edf?q=active+directory+usernames+export&_done=%2Fgroups%3Fq%3Dactive+directory+usernames+export%26start%3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26&_doneTitle=Back+to+Search&&d#0367b8b579d62edf
http://www.windowsitpro.com/ActiveDirectory/Article/ArticleID/38947/ActiveDirectory_38947.html
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=237677

I have only limited experience with these tools but could try and assist you
if you get stuck.

James Borg

"George Schneider" <GeorgeSchneider@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:AA8C3FA7-882E-4C3D-9C61-28D99293C77D@microsoft.com...
> I'm trying to run a search on Active Directory computer objects on one
> list
> so I can do a screen dump for my records. The criterial I enter using the
> filter command under Users and Computers is Computer Name Starts With Con*
> which displays all computers starting with Con. I then try to add an
> addition filter computer name is exactly Scan10. Is their anyway to have
> this behave as an or statement rather than it has to hold both conditions
> be true.
>
> George

Hi George,

You might also want to look at the DSQUERY.exe utility.

You can find mroe information on this from:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/home/using/productdoc/en/default.asp?url=/windowsxp/home/using/productdoc/en/dsquery.asp

--
Ryan Hanisco
MCSE, MCDBA

"George Schneider" <GeorgeSchneider@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:AA8C3FA7-882E-4C3D-9C61-28D99293C77D@microsoft.com...
> I'm trying to run a search on Active Directory computer objects on one
> list
> so I can do a screen dump for my records. The criterial I enter using the
> filter command under Users and Computers is Computer Name Starts With Con*
> which displays all computers starting with Con. I then try to add an
> addition filter computer name is exactly Scan10. Is their anyway to have
> this behave as an or statement rather than it has to hold both conditions
> be true.
>
> George

If specifying the query it would be

(&(objectcategory=computer)(|(name=con*)(name=Scan10)))

www.joeware.net