Updating AD Groups via a Web page

Our office has a close to 1000 users in AD and often we need to change
their network and printer group mappings.....

What we were thinking is having a graphical web interface which can
list all the groups within an OU where we can then view the users and
update the groups via a web page.........

Has anyone done something like this before..........

thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about updating groups page

    On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 02:46:46 -0800, louey-3 wrote:

    > Our office has a close to 1000 users in AD and often we need to change
    > their network and printer group mappings.....
    >
    > What we were thinking is having a graphical web interface which can
    > list all the groups within an OU where we can then view the users and
    > update the groups via a web page.........
    >
    > Has anyone done something like this before..........

    I started working on such a thing, working with PHP and Perl script (from
    Perl/Win32 books). It runs on a domain controller, so you need to
    implement a good security.

    http://www.rallenhome.com/books/adcookbook/code.html
    http://www.rallenhome.com/books/managingenterprisead/code.html
    http://www.roth.net/perl/scripts/

    Probably you can use PHP alone, using the LDAP functions, but I haven't
    tried that (except a simple user-name lookup).

    --
    Toni Van Remortel
    Netwerkbeheerder HA Dept. Ontwerpwetenschappen

Microsoft Active Directory Windows