Updating AD Groups via a Web page

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
March 17, 2005 5:46:46 AM

Our office has a close to 1000 users in AD and often we need to change
their network and printer group mappings.....

What we were thinking is having a graphical web interface which can
list all the groups within an OU where we can then view the users and
update the groups via a web page.........

Has anyone done something like this before..........

thanks
Anonymous
March 17, 2005 5:59:22 PM

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 02:46:46 -0800, louey-3 wrote:

> Our office has a close to 1000 users in AD and often we need to change
> their network and printer group mappings.....
>
> What we were thinking is having a graphical web interface which can
> list all the groups within an OU where we can then view the users and
> update the groups via a web page.........
>
> Has anyone done something like this before..........

I started working on such a thing, working with PHP and Perl script (from
Perl/Win32 books). It runs on a domain controller, so you need to
implement a good security.

http://www.rallenhome.com/books/adcookbook/code.html
http://www.rallenhome.com/books/managingenterprisead/co...
http://www.roth.net/perl/scripts/

Probably you can use PHP alone, using the LDAP functions, but I haven't
tried that (except a simple user-name lookup).

--
Toni Van Remortel
Netwerkbeheerder HA Dept. Ontwerpwetenschappen