Everyone Group

The everyone group in my domain is gone (Don't know how, don't have the time
to figure it out!!), however if I try to create it I get an error saying it
already exists. Does anybody know how I can recover/recreate this group and
get it back into my AD domain?
Thanks for any and all assistance.

You don't have to recover it, it actually can't be deleted as it is hard coded
into the OS. Normally it is listed as a fsp in the fsps container but if it
isn't there, it isn't a problem. It will be created if it is needed again.

joe

www.joeware.net

G. Vankoughnett wrote:
> The everyone group in my domain is gone (Don't know how, don't have the time
> to figure it out!!), however if I try to create it I get an error saying it
> already exists. Does anybody know how I can recover/recreate this group and
> get it back into my AD domain?
> Thanks for any and all assistance.

Thanks for the info however how or what action can I take to get it
re-created, I need it for E-Mail. Thanks again for your assistance.

Glenn

"Joe Richards [MVP]" wrote:

> You don't have to recover it, it actually can't be deleted as it is hard coded
> into the OS. Normally it is listed as a fsp in the fsps container but if it
> isn't there, it isn't a problem. It will be created if it is needed again.
>
> joe
>
> --
> Joe Richards Microsoft MVP Windows Server Directory Services
> www.joeware.net
>

> G. Vankoughnett wrote:
> > The everyone group in my domain is gone (Don't know how, don't have the time
> > to figure it out!!), however if I try to create it I get an error saying it
> > already exists. Does anybody know how I can recover/recreate this group and
> > get it back into my AD domain?
> > Thanks for any and all assistance.

I don't have "Everyone" showing in my address lists, but the Exchange
address book is created for us.... What we use is a distribution list named
"All_Staff" that every user (except service accounts) are members of.

That may be a direction you want to go in--I'm remembering back in the days
of cc:mail, there was an Everyone group, but I was never the admin of that
system.

Ken

"G. Vankoughnett" <GVankoughnett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks for the info however how or what action can I take to get it
> re-created, I need it for E-Mail. Thanks again for your assistance.
>
> Glenn
>
> "Joe Richards [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> You don't have to recover it, it actually can't be deleted as it is hard
>> coded
>> into the OS. Normally it is listed as a fsp in the fsps container but if
>> it
>> isn't there, it isn't a problem. It will be created if it is needed
>> again.
>>
>> joe
>>
>> --
>> Joe Richards Microsoft MVP Windows Server Directory Services
>> www.joeware.net
>>

>> G. Vankoughnett wrote:
>> > The everyone group in my domain is gone (Don't know how, don't have the
>> > time
>> > to figure it out!!), however if I try to create it I get an error
>> > saying it
>> > already exists. Does anybody know how I can recover/recreate this
>> > group and
>> > get it back into my AD domain?
>> > Thanks for any and all assistance.

What do you mean you need it for email? You can't use it as DL. It isn't
actually a group, it is ia well known security principal, basically it is only a
SID, specifically S-1-1-0. It is automatically added to security tokens.

joe

www.joeware.net