Sign in with
Your question

AMD CPU price drop question

Last response: in CPUs
July 11, 2006 3:50:52 AM

I was just wondering if with the release of Conroe at the end of july if AMD is planning on lowering the prices of there current cpus. Im asking because i have been building my first custom rig and jsut want to know if i should wait for the release of Core 2 or just buy now.
July 11, 2006 4:28:49 AM

Quote:
I was just wondering if with the release of Conroe at the end of july if AMD is planning on lowering the prices of there current cpus.

Yes. It's been written about everywhere. Use a search engine.
July 11, 2006 4:33:54 AM

Have they said anything about the single core CPUs (Athlon line)? I keep seeing things about price drops on the X2 and FX series, but haven't seen anything on about Athlons.
Related resources
July 11, 2006 4:35:42 AM

All AMD dual cores are taking a price cut after Conroe; single cores have already experienced a price cut.

That being said, this has been already discussed in almost every thread involving Conroe or K8L. People around here are pissy lately when people start threads to answer qquestions that have been answered countless times already.

Use the search function.
July 11, 2006 4:39:38 AM

If someone is going to be pissy about a post than they should just ignore it instead of being an asshole.
!