Two Identical User logins in same Active directory

Hi,

I have some peculiar doubt about creation of user account in Active
directory .The scenario is as follows :-

I have a machine with Windows 2003 server configured with Acive
Directory.This server actually a Web server we are hosting different sites
for different customer.
Hence we need to have a their own user accounts t be created.So, currently I
have situation where I need to create Three user accounts with same login
information but belongs to different OU.
Ca anybody please suggest me that is there any possiblity to create
multiple identical login accounts in same active directory under different
OU's.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Ravi
3 answers Last reply
More about identical user logins active directory

    "ravichander" <ravichander@acs.apexcovantage.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have some peculiar doubt about creation of user account in Active
    > directory .The scenario is as follows :-
    >
    > I have a machine with Windows 2003 server configured with Acive
    > Directory.This server actually a Web server we are hosting different sites
    > for different customer.

    > Hence we need to have a their own user accounts t be created.So, currently
    > have situation where I need to create Three user accounts with same login
    > information but belongs to different OU.

    Do NOT create multiple user accounts with the same name
    EVEN if the tools will allow it.

    > Ca anybody please suggest me that is there any possiblity to create
    > multiple identical login accounts in same active directory under
    different
    > OU's.

    I believe there is, but would be delighted if the tools
    prevent it -- you will hate this if you manage it.

    Do NOT do this.

    > Any help is highly appreciated.

    If you want a shared account that is one thing (usually
    a bad practice but workable under the right conditions)
    but if you want separate accounts they must practically
    be given different names.

    it's not possible.

    --
    Andrei Ungureanu
    www.eventid.net

    ravichander wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have some peculiar doubt about creation of user account in Active
    > directory .The scenario is as follows :-
    >
    > I have a machine with Windows 2003 server configured with Acive
    > Directory.This server actually a Web server we are hosting different
    > sites for different customer.
    > Hence we need to have a their own user accounts t be created.So,
    > currently I have situation where I need to create Three user accounts
    > with same login information but belongs to different OU.
    > Ca anybody please suggest me that is there any possiblity to
    > create multiple identical login accounts in same active directory
    > under different OU's.
    >
    > Any help is highly appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    > Ravi

    Hi -

    In addition to the other (correct) replies, you should not be hosting public
    websites for your customers on a domain controller. In fact, not even on
    your LAN. Stick a webserver in your DMZ - it doesn't have to be Windows/IIS
    even. Don't expose your private network to your customers/etc like this - v.
    risky, not to mention a performance/resource contention issue.

Windows Server 2003 Active Directory User Accounts Servers Windows