Create home folders-multiple users

bj

Is there a way to create home folders for 1000 users all at once? I've
looked at ldifde but can't quite figure out exactly how to do it.

TIA

Bobby

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 17:48:25 GMT, "BJ" <bj@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:

>Is there a way to create home folders for 1000 users all at once? I've
>looked at ldifde but can't quite figure out exactly how to do it.
>
>TIA
>
>Bobby

Log onto any Windows XP domain member as a domain administrator.

You can use the dsmod user command in a batch that used dsquery user to retrieve all the users, or read the users from a text file using the FOR /F command.

Jerold Schulman
Windows Server MVP
JSI, Inc.
http://www.jsiinc.com

You might also check to see that this is one of the properties that you can
set for multiple users at once in 2003. In that case, select all the users
needed, go to properties, and set the home folders as
\\<server>\<share>\%UserName%

If you're using 2000 though, then you'll be looking at something like ADSI
scripts to do it. It is not hard, but it is better to look for examples out
there for the scripts. Remember too that an ADSI query only returns about
1300 rows by default and you'll have to manually tell it to return more to
do the complete looping through your objects.

--
Ryan Hanisco
MCSE, MCDBA

"BJ" <bj@nomail.afraid.org> wrote in message
> Is there a way to create home folders for 1000 users all at once? I've
> looked at ldifde but can't quite figure out exactly how to do it.
>
> TIA
>
> Bobby

Take a look at the other 2 posts you made--excellent answers have been
placed under those threads

Ken