I Can not Install ADC on Win2k server!

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
March 21, 2005 6:41:03 PM

Hi,
I have NT4.0 running Exchnage 5.5 and Win2k Server. 1St I introduce NT4.0 as
a BDC on NT domain. Then I promote BDC to PDC and PDC to BDC in order to
upgrade to Win2k server. I was able to successfull do that. Now my plan is to
install Exchage 2003 on New Win2k server, but I need ADC and when I try to
install, it install but it can not start the service I gives me following
errr:
Win32
ID No: c007041d
Microsoft Active Directory Connector Setup.

What I'm doing worng? Need help
Thanks
Anonymous
March 22, 2005 10:55:48 AM

Make sure you have met these requirements. First thought, schema group
membership. I believe the ADC extends the schema.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;253286

"Mitesh Patel" <MiteshPatel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I have NT4.0 running Exchnage 5.5 and Win2k Server. 1St I introduce NT4.0
as
> a BDC on NT domain. Then I promote BDC to PDC and PDC to BDC in order to
> upgrade to Win2k server. I was able to successfull do that. Now my plan is
> install Exchage 2003 on New Win2k server, but I need ADC and when I try to
> install, it install but it can not start the service I gives me following
> errr:
> Win32
> ID No: c007041d
> Microsoft Active Directory Connector Setup.
>
> What I'm doing worng? Need help
> Thanks

Anonymous
March 22, 2005 12:09:21 PM

Great, I was able to installed but I lost all mail boxs! What I'm doing wrong?
Need help

Thanks

"Paul Bergson" wrote:

> Make sure you have met these requirements. First thought, schema group
> membership. I believe the ADC extends the schema.
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;253286
>

> --
>
> Paul Bergson MCT, MCSE, MCSA, CNE, CNA, CCA

> "Mitesh Patel" <MiteshPatel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> > I have NT4.0 running Exchnage 5.5 and Win2k Server. 1St I introduce NT4.0
> as
> > a BDC on NT domain. Then I promote BDC to PDC and PDC to BDC in order to
> > upgrade to Win2k server. I was able to successfull do that. Now my plan is
> > install Exchage 2003 on New Win2k server, but I need ADC and when I try to
> > install, it install but it can not start the service I gives me following
> > errr:
> > Win32
> > ID No: c007041d
> > Microsoft Active Directory Connector Setup.
> >
> > What I'm doing worng? Need help
> > Thanks

March 22, 2005 2:51:52 PM

What do you mean you lost all mailboxes?

> Great, I was able to installed but I lost all mail boxs! What I'm doing
wrong?
> Need help
>
> Thanks
>
> "Paul Bergson" wrote:
>
> > Make sure you have met these requirements. First thought, schema group
> > membership. I believe the ADC extends the schema.
> >
> > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;253286
> >

> > --
> >
> > Paul Bergson MCT, MCSE, MCSA, CNE, CNA, CCA

rights.

> > "Mitesh Patel" <MiteshPatel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi,
> > > I have NT4.0 running Exchnage 5.5 and Win2k Server. 1St I introduce
NT4.0
> > as
> > > a BDC on NT domain. Then I promote BDC to PDC and PDC to BDC in order
> > > upgrade to Win2k server. I was able to successfull do that. Now my
plan is
> > > install Exchage 2003 on New Win2k server, but I need ADC and when I
try to
> > > install, it install but it can not start the service I gives me
following
> > > errr:
> > > Win32
> > > ID No: c007041d
> > > Microsoft Active Directory Connector Setup.
> > >
> > > What I'm doing worng? Need help
> > > Thanks

Anonymous
March 22, 2005 6:31:10 PM

Yes, When I used ADC Tool to make connection it did not put check mark on
From Exchange and From Windows tab and when I upgrade to Exchange 2003 I lost
all my privious mail boxes. I'm glad I was doing on the test server. Do I
need to make two-way connection ?

"Mitesh Patel" wrote:

> Great, I was able to installed but I lost all mail boxs! What I'm doing wrong?
> Need help
>
> Thanks
>
> "Paul Bergson" wrote:
>
> > Make sure you have met these requirements. First thought, schema group
> > membership. I believe the ADC extends the schema.
> >
> > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;253286
> >

> > --
> >
> > Paul Bergson MCT, MCSE, MCSA, CNE, CNA, CCA

> > "Mitesh Patel" <MiteshPatel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi,
> > > I have NT4.0 running Exchnage 5.5 and Win2k Server. 1St I introduce NT4.0
> > as
> > > a BDC on NT domain. Then I promote BDC to PDC and PDC to BDC in order to
> > > upgrade to Win2k server. I was able to successfull do that. Now my plan is
> > > install Exchage 2003 on New Win2k server, but I need ADC and when I try to
> > > install, it install but it can not start the service I gives me following
> > > errr:
> > > Win32
> > > ID No: c007041d
> > > Microsoft Active Directory Connector Setup.
> > >
> > > What I'm doing worng? Need help
> > > Thanks

Anonymous
March 23, 2005 10:39:51 AM

Did you use the Wizard to build it for you? This should determine all the
pieces. I don't know why it would delete users? It should only replicate
change.

!