Group policy

hi
I am very new to the active directory and need to configure group policies
but after i set the policies how do I activate them

Read the white paper from the link below. This is a good starting point.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/howitworks/management/grouppolwp.asp

"Aliakbar Kachwala" <aliakbar@ccipl.com> wrote in message
> hi
> I am very new to the active directory and need to configure group policies
> but after i set the policies how do I activate them

"Aliakbar Kachwala" <aliakbar@ccipl.com> wrote in message
> hi
> I am very new to the active directory and need to configure group policies
> but after i set the policies how do I activate them

Depends on what you mean by "set".

If you merely "edit" a GPO you must also LINK
it to a container (Site, Domain, OU).

However, if you choose to "add" it to such a
container the linkage is implicit and you only
have to edit it and wait for replication (to other
DCs) and for refresh by running machines or
when they reboot.

Note: Software updates normally only activate
at reboot.

There are other things that can PREVENT a policy
from applying to a user or computer but they are
all set "on" (or active) by default.

E.g.,
Disabling portions of the GPO or the entire gpo,
permissions and in Win2003 WMI filters, etc.