SP2 Firewall question

a b 8 Security
October 2, 2004 12:36:19 PM

I have two computers here:

1 - xp home SP2

1 - xp pro SP2

My issue is related to both.

I have the Firewall 'Service' stopped and disabled. I also have the
Security Center's Alert Settings \ Firewall disabled (unchecked). Yet I
routinely get a firewall security icon appearing in my system tray.

Since I have all known firewall related items disabled why is it that I
still get these notices. Furthermore - how can I prevent them?

--

More about : sp2 firewall question

October 3, 2004 5:53:32 PM

This worked for me.
Open Control Panel, open Administrative Tools,
open Services, scroll to Security Center, right click,
select properties,
from the dropdown list under Startup Type,
select "Disabled," click apply
and ok. When you reboot you should no longer have the
issue.

!