Importing users into Active Directory

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
March 22, 2005 4:59:33 PM

Hi I'm trying to import a large number of users in to Active
Directory, I need to do this frequently. I've tried some of the
Microsoft command line tools CSVDE (I think). Can anyone recommend
anything easy to use?
Anonymous
March 23, 2005 1:10:59 AM

Not really. The other options are a custom script or app or LDIFDE. But
LDIFDE is more complex than CSVDE.

Are you having any problems that we can possibly help with?

--

Paul Williams

http://www.msresource.net/
http://forums.msresource.net/
Anonymous
March 23, 2005 2:25:29 AM

<refreshing_change@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
> Hi I'm trying to import a large number of users in to Active
> Directory, I need to do this frequently. I've tried some of the
> Microsoft command line tools CSVDE (I think). Can anyone recommend
> anything easy to use?

Perhaps a bit more tedious in fact, but more flexible
is the "brother" command: LDIFDE.exe.

Also there are VB scripts to do this, and these can
be use as given or modified by you.

Look for the following using Google:

[ ADSI Scriptomatic site:microsoft.com ]

Yes, "scriptomatic" is really the name.

Also just using some search like:

[ vbs | "Vb scripting" "active directory" bulk users ]

You probably don't need the "site:microsoft.com" or the
similar (but web wide) "microsoft:" collection.
!