Directory Connected Computers need removing and re-adding ..

Tags:
  • Domain
  • Computers
  • Active Directory
  • Windows
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
March 22, 2005 6:25:06 PM

Hello

Can anyone advise why we find that AD connected computers need removing and
re-adding to domain every few weeks.

There are no events in the logs, however we find that pc's and notebooks
with regularity are blocked from network loggin, printing, file and Exchange
access.

By dissconnecting them from the domain and re-adding them, the problem goes
away, but re-appears every two to four weeks.

Dave.

More about : directory connected computers removing adding

Anonymous
March 23, 2005 10:39:54 AM

From your description, it sounds like the secure channel password isn't
being changed.

The main issues (for everything - not just this ;-) are DNS and
authentication (which relies on DNS).

Some basic troubleshooting is necessary on the client end...

However, if this is happening across your infrastructure, you can start with
the DHCP [scope] options.

Ensure that all clients are pointing to an internal, DNS server that is
authorative for the AD namespace.
Ensure that standard SRV lookups are working, e.g.
C:\>nslookup
>set type=srv
>_ldap._tcp.dc._msdcs.domain-name.com

Have a look at a clients event log, but also check all the event logs on a
DC or two.

--

Paul Williams

http://www.msresource.net/