Help :( New build, no video on boot! What do i do??

needhelpnoobie

Distinguished
May 29, 2006
I have a Pent D 805 CPU
120mm Scythe ninja heatskink/fan
ECS Extreme PF22 955x mobo
Turbo PQI 2x 1gb 667 ram
EVGA 7900gt KO video card
Aspire 520w power supply (33amp rail)

Now onto my problem. All fans/lights turn on when I press the on button (First time powering up), no video shows up on the screen. I get no beeps from the motherboard. I've removed 1 stick of ram and started, no help. I removed the ram and video card and started, no beeps. I don't know what to do :( Usually I'd be able to "swap this part here" but this is an entirely new setup and I have no other Mobo/CPU/videocard/ram to swap in/out. I can't RMA everything and take it up the a$$ on shipping/restocking fees either..

Oh lordy someone help me I dont know where to begin... There is a bright "solid/always lit" red LED on all the time on the motherboard. The Mobo guide doesnt even say what the heck it is!

:oops: :oops: I'm stressin here :oops: :oops:

I have a Pent D 805 CPU
Turbo PQI 2x 1gb 667 ram

Now onto my problem. All fans/lights turn on when I press the on button (First time powering up), no video shows up on the screen. I get no beeps from the motherboard. I've removed 1 stick of ram and started, no help. I removed the ram and video card and started, no beeps. I don't know what to do :( Usually I'd be able to "swap this part here" but this is an entirely new setup and I have no other Mobo/CPU/videocard/ram to swap in/out. I can't RMA everything and take it up the a$$ on shipping/restocking fees either..

Oh lordy someone help me I dont know where to begin... There is a bright "solid/always lit" red LED on all the time on the motherboard. The Mobo guide doesnt even say what the heck it is!

Did you plug in the power from the PSU to the CPU. Also the power from the PSU to the video card.

needhelpnoobie

Distinguished
May 29, 2006
I plugged the 24 pin into the motherboard, the square 4 pin into the mother board and the other long/straight 4pin into the motherboard all from the PSU. I plugged in the SLI power adapter to the video card also. The heatsink fan spins and the blue LED stops flashing and turns solid blue on the motherboard to indicate a used expansion slot.

ikaz

Distinguished
Well first thing you want to do is unplug every think but the cpu, ram (try with only one stick in if you have two), video card. That mean no HD, sound card (if its a card), CD rom or flopppy drive. Then break out your MB manaul and clear the C-mos. Also if it does have on-board sound make sure it doesn't actualy "say" the error message. My friend had a MB (can't remember the model) that by default would actualy give an audio error message but you had to have speakers attached.

I plugged the 24 pin into the motherboard, the square 4 pin into the mother board and the other long/straight 4pin into the motherboard all from the PSU. I plugged in the SLI power adapter to the video card also. The heatsink fan spins and the blue LED stops flashing and turns solid blue on the motherboard to indicate a used expansion slot.

Did you try booting with 1 stick of RAM in number one? If that fails unplug the HD and DVD (s) from the PSU and try.

I have a Pent D 805 CPU
Turbo PQI 2x 1gb 667 ram

Did you see this review on Newegg? Sounds weird to me, but you never know.

Watch out for cmos jumper

Pros: 1. The fan in the back pulls air right over the cpu. I installed the big typhoon, and they work great in conjunction. 2. Scalable pci express, dual video boards, nice. 3. The 8 channed audio rocks.

Cons: The cmos jumper was set from the factory on 1 and 2 instead of 2 and 3. It took me a while to diagnose.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/CustRatingReview.asp?Item=N82E16813135004

needhelpnoobie

Distinguished
May 29, 2006
Yes the cmos jumper is set to 2-3 and I had read that review when I ordered. No IDE's plugged in, sata unplugged, 1 stick of ram in the #1dimm still nothing. I'll see if it gives an audio warning or something I never tried to plug in speakers/headphones yet.

If the ram is not compatible will it not show video? Or if I remove all ram and try to boot will it not show anything on the screen? There is something printed on the board "Anit-Burn Led" and a few inches from it, the only LED I see is a solid red LED right above the ram dimms which is lit and solid.

Yes the cmos jumper is set to 2-3 and I had read that review when I ordered. No IDE's plugged in, sata unplugged, 1 stick of ram in the #1dimm still nothing. I'll see if it gives an audio warning or something I never tried to plug in speakers/headphones yet.

If the ram is not compatible will it not show video? Or if I remove all ram and try to boot will it not show anything on the screen? There is something printed on the board "Anit-Burn Led" and a few inches from it, the only LED I see is a solid red LED right above the ram dimms which is lit and solid.

What kind of monitor do you have?

needhelpnoobie

Distinguished
May 29, 2006
21" trinitron CRT..

Works fine have my laptop on it now.

Hooked up headphones hear no audio messages/warnings. Note that I do not see an onboard speaker anywhere, I installed one of those speakers with the red/black wire on the 'skr' jumpers spot, still no beeps.

I did notice the spes on your board do not cover the 533 mhz FSB of thePentium 805 D Smithfield. I have one. Some motherboard manufacturers have boards out there that support Pentium D, but not the 805-D. may just be a BIOS update needed. You might check.

ECS says your board supports Pentium D 805. If you had some other RAM, Video Card, CPU to put in there you could probably narrow it down. Sounds like you tried everything I would know to do. May be time to start the RMA process. I know you wanted to hear that.

needhelpnoobie

Distinguished
May 29, 2006
Sigh.. I'm so disappointed right now.

How in the world can I RMA the ram, video, CPU, motherboard. I'll get butt fxcked so bad by Newegg and their crappy restocking fee's and paying the shipping.

This sucks a$$

MrsD

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
Do you have the speaker plugged into the motherboard, you wont hear any beeps if you dont.
have you tried another video card? power supply? ram?
I wouldnt rma everything, I know if you go to best buy and buy ram, and return it they dont charge restocking fee's. Its worth a try to see if you can boot the board.

Sigh.. I'm so disappointed right now.

How in the world can I RMA the ram, video, CPU, motherboard. I'll get butt fxcked so bad by Newegg and their crappy restocking fee's and paying the shipping.

This sucks a$$

Longshot, but have you thought about reinstalling the CPU? Might be worth a shot. I would try and get some other RAM in there too, some way, some how.

ZOldDude

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2006
If you have reset the bios and still get nothing ( no beeps with a MB spkr installed) then the MB is likely DOA.

Send it back and get a DFI or Asus board.

thechristopher

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2006
The light above the RAM just means the ram has power and should not be removed.

Does the MB have onboard video.

Try this - it will tell you if the video card is DOA. Beeps will be one long and two short if yoiu can get beeps out of it.

Reseat the CPU.

Try again.

michaelahess

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
The only way NOT to get an error beep is if the mb, cpu or ps are dead. Every board will beep without ram unless one of those three components is dead. Considering my prior experience with ECS I'd say the board.

Do what was suggested above and verify the cpu installation, also only use the 24pin and 4 pin square power connectors to test, don't use the 4 pin molex (cd-rom style) power connector.

Use the psu in another computer if you can to verify that it works, then rma the cpu and mb, get a better mb in the process, even if you have to pay a restock fee.