bow quest?

Last response: in Video Games
June 23, 2004 6:54:18 AM

I am having trouble with a quest the spymaster sent me on...I am suppose to
find a ancestral bow in some caves for the tribe leaders and CAN'T
Any advice?
Tania

More about : bow quest

Anonymous
June 23, 2004 5:15:25 PM

"Metis Artist" <Talisa(remove)@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> I am having trouble with a quest the spymaster sent me on...I am suppose
> find a ancestral bow in some caves for the tribe leaders and CAN'T
> Any advice?

Perhaps Detect Enchanment will help when you get close enough. (If bow is
enchanted as well as named.)
Anonymous
June 23, 2004 5:17:54 PM

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 02:54:18 GMT, "Metis Artist"
<Talisa(remove)@shaw.ca> wrote:

>I am having trouble with a quest the spymaster sent me on...I am suppose to
>find a ancestral bow in some caves for the tribe leaders and CAN'T
>Any advice?

I hope you've saved recently, as sometimes this quest is buggy. You have
to go through many caverns before you get to the bow, which is held by a
named ghost in an area of underground ruins. When you defeat the ghost
and find the bow, save immediately in a new slot, to avoid going through
that again. I believe you have to go through four different cavervs
before you get there, though it may be more.
--
Greg Johnson
"The POP3 server service depends on the SMTP server service,

I just did the same quest and realized, as I killed the ghost, that if I
didn't know the bow was on the ghost's body, I probably wouldn't have found
it. Search the ectoplasm (remains) of the ghost, or if you killed it
against a slope, snoop around that area until a little box comes up saying
that you're looking at its body. Then snatch and save and get on out!

Read on for instructions. If you want to "Discover the Magic Yourself",
don't.

*
*
*

*

*

*

*

*

*

I wasn't sure if you needed this, but since you've probably turned the place
upside down looking for the freaking thing, I'll tell you where to go...(I
remember well because it's the last quest I did before I went to work about
five hours ago)

Go in through from the front door until you get to the large chamber with
all the little protrusions from the water, the ones you have to jump to to
get across. Go to the left door in this chamber and you should be in a
large vertical chamber with walkways that spiral upwards. The very top
Burial is the one you want; I think it's called Juno Burial. Go in, follow
it to the very back, and you should find the spirit of Sul-Senipul.

Hope that helped!
Anonymous
July 4, 2004 7:25:16 PM

I think I know what this is. I actually did that quest, and as I was on my
way back, I checked my possessions to find that the bow was missing. I was
so upset because I went through all that trouble, got the bow, and now I
couldn't figure out where it went. So I retraced my steps, refought the
baddies, and there wasn't anything there! I don't know how this happened,
but as I've given it a fresh go with a new character, I hope that this time
the bow won't just "vanish" again.

!